Chapter 8: Sleep Is For The Weak

A/N: Enjoy

TW: Needles and PTSD

3rd Person's POV

Nerezza continued to fight against Kara and Alex, but her attempts were futile in her weak state. Nerezza was crying for them to stop, though the only thing they were doing was trying to calm her down, Alex had put the needle down when she saw that is was causing her distress, Nerezza didn't see having her eyes squeezed closed, her cries were becoming deafening. Kara picked up the girl as she thrashed in her arms and just held her tightly.

There was a knock at the door, Alex answered to find lena there with a bag of her own. Lena saw the crying girl in Kara's arms, this being a stark differenence to the girl she had seen fighting in the training room.

"She's afraid of needles, I was trying to sedate her so I could clean her back but the moment she saw the needle, she freaked, we have just been trying to calm her down, nothing is working." Alex closed the door behind Lena while speaking, Lena put her bag down on the table and walked over to the crying girl in Kara's arms.

"Hey Nerezza, can you look at me please, I have nothing in my hands, I just need you to breath for me," The girl opened her eyes her cries of fear not stopping, her breaths having become ragged were not helping her in anyway to calm down. "That's it, can you put your hand over your chest for me, yes thats it, can you rest your head over Kara's heart," the girl complied her cries becoming quieter but her breaths had still not slowed. "Well done, now can you try and match your heart beat to Kara's." After five minutes of scilence the girls cries had stopped minus a few hiccups, and her breaths had slowed. "Good job, that's it, just breath," Alex handed Lena the oxygen mask she had asked for. "Can I put this on you, it just oxygen see, here I will put it on Kara first," Lena got Kara to sit back on the couch as she slipped the mask over her head making a show to the girl that is wouldn't hurt her. "See just air, can I put it on you now, it will just help you breath a little better," Nerezza let her put it on without a fight and laid her head back on Kara, her body becoming exhausted again. Kara put her hand on the girls face covering her eyes slightly as Lena picked up the needle that caused all of this, as slowly as possible got it into her arm, as she pushed the drugs into the girls system Nerezza relaxed and succumbed to the sleep pulling at her. "See all better."

"Thank you Lena, how did you know what to do?" Alex came over with the suplies she would need to clean the wound on the girls back, Kara held the girl against her with Nerezza's back facing Alex. Nerezza's head was turned to the side to allow the oxygen mask to sit comfortably, the girl had also been put on an IV by Lena, Lena saw that the girl didn't look good and seem malnourished so she had nutrients going through the IV into the small looking girl.

"I have worked with people who suffer with extreme PTSD and a lot of them are afarid of little things like needles." Lena helped Alex gently lift the shirt off the girl. She was still in a bra but they now had access to her wound. "But she was also showing signs of PTSD in the tower, she was not looking at you when you took the IV out the first time, she also seft critisized her proformace in training, even after Kara told her she did great, she then had a far away look in her eyes before she left, Kelly saw this too, Kelly told me she thinks that she would either have severe anxiety, or PTSD. Or both."

"Thank you Lena for helping her, when I found her, she was screaming, she was looking into the sky, she was yelling into the sky, when I touched her she flinched before relaxing, she told me she missed her, then that she needed help, but it sounded like those were the hardest words she ever said." The girl flinched a little even under the sedation when Alex touched a curtain part of the wound. Lena looked at Kara, a concerned expression settling on her face.

"She most likly has both with what you just told me, but I would ask Kelly she is the expert in this. But I will say when she wakes, be ready, and be gentle it is going to be a long road of ups and downs with this girl, but she has already stollen everyone's hearts." Lena stood after they finished covering the wound, she packed up her bag and came back sitting next to Kara pulling a blanket over the girl and Kara. "I will leave you too in peace for now, don't let her take the mask or the IV off, thr IV needs to finish and she needs to stay calm, and at best asleep."

Kara and Alex give Lena a nod, Lena leaves, and Alex comes to sit next to Kara resting her head on her sisters shoulder and Kara rests her head on Alex's.

"Call me if you need me. Take care of her and yourself." Alex stood up and left after that, leaving Kara with Nerezza.

Kara laid down on the couch with Nerezza still on top of her, she was really grad for superstrength right now. Kara soon fell into a peaceful sleep listening to the girls calm heart beat.

Soon both girls were asleep, both comforted by the other, Nerezza was breathing slow her eyes still a little red and puffy, Kara was breathing just as slow, she had her hands resting on Nerezza's back gently laying over the wound careful not to hurt her.