Chapter 13: Kara

A/N: Back to the normal chapter please enjoy see you next time.

Nerezza's POV

"Can you stand on your own Nezza or do you need help?" Alex asks me again as John helps carry Kara off to medbay, I almost try and stop him but Alex holds my arms and pulls my attention back to her, "Hey, it's ok, lets get you to medbay, I will keep you close ok, don't worry you can be next to her but you need to rest ok." I give her a nod as I try to stand on my own, wanting to get to Kara as soon as possible. Everyone got closer to me as they realised what I was trying to do, it seemed that everyone was trying to make sure I stayed still. "Hey, hey, slow down, let me help you ok, you cannot stand on your own ok."

I give in to Alex's request and let her help me up as she guides to to the medbay, I unconsciously tense up at entering the room, but as I see Kara I relax a little. Alex helps me onto the bed next to her, but I refuse to lay down just sitting on the edge of it makes my heart rate speed up, Alex seems to notice.

"Hey it's ok, you can see Kara, and all I am gonna do is put a blanket over you and turn the lights off, the rest are on their way out so when you are rested it will just be Lena, Nia, Brainy, Kelly, Winn, John, and Me ok." I give her a nod as I slowly relax into the bed as Alex does exactly as she said she would, and then leaves turning the lights off.

I turn on my side to face Kara, watching her now sleeping form as she lays under the sun lamps. I feel as my eyelids slowly grow heavier and heavier, before I give into the exhaustion pulling at my limbs.

Time Skip

I wake with a start, sitting up fast as a nightmare just haunted my dreams, I felt the sweat the running down my face as my heart rate continues to increase. I look around the room quickly, suddenly stopping on the empty bed next to me that had been occupied by Kara before I had closed my eyes. My heart rate jumps again as I leave the bed as fast as possible trying to look for Kara, I look around the room frantically before not seeing her anywhere. I leave the room just as fast making everyone jump up noticing my presence, I then see Kara among them. I stop when I see her, seeing her unharmed and healthy again, I let the breath that had been sitting on my chest out in a slow exhale. Alex and Kara came up to me both with concerned looks in their eyes, as Kara wrapped one of her arms around me I realised how worked up I had been.

"Nezza, what's wrong, are you ok, why are you out of bed." Alex asks me quickly as she looks me over with her eyes. Kara leads me to a chair as I continue to lean on her wanting to be close to make sure that she was truly ok, after what I saw in my dream I don't want to be too far from her.

"Nezza, are you ok," Kara was the one to ask this time as I continued to lean on her, listening to her heart rate as mine tried to match her's. I give her a nod as and answer not trusting my voice as I tried to relax. "Do you wanna tell me what happened just now?"

"Nothing it's fine, I'm fine," I refuse to look at any of them, the rest of the room hasn't spoken yet but I can tell everyone is wanting to ask something. "I promise I am ok, I just need a minute."

"Ok take your time, did you get enough rest though, cause when I came in ten minutes ago you were still out cold," Alex spoke, while resting her arm on my back while gently rubbing up and down. I give her a nod instead of speaking as exhaustion starts sinking into my bones again.

"Hey why don't all of us go back to my apartment instead of staying here, that should be a lot more comfortable." Kara starts to stand up and I quickly stand with her still feeling a little shaken over the dream that felt a little too real.

"Yeah let's go," Lena and the rest stand as Alex spoke and started moving toward the exit. Kara however didn't start moving, but signaled the rest to head on out. Once we were alone Kara turned to me and looked me in my eyes.

"I know your not ok, but I won't push you," She looks at me as her hands rest on my shoulders. "But I can also tell that you are still exhausted, so can I carry you cause I don't really trust you not to fall over as you tried to walk out the room," I give her a nod and she quickly sweaps me up bridal style, I let out a small squeak even if I knew she was going to do it. "You good now."

Before I knew it we were at Kara's apartment, "I wanted to get here first," Kara gently placed me down on the couch but I didn't want to let go, but Kara got the idea pretty quickly and sat down with me. "I know you said that we didn't have to start dating just because we were mates but I was kind of wondering if you maybe wanted to go on a date with me after work on Firday next week?" Kara gave me the most puppy dog eyes look as she asked me that question and all I can do is smile up at her as I gather the words to speak.

"Yes of course Kara, I would love that, but your right I don't want to rush this ok and if you don't end up wanting to do this then we will take our time and can always stay friends." I look at her smiling widely as Kara leaned in and gently kissed my lips, it felt like how the books described it, like fireworks lighting up in my stomach and sparks flying between our lips. She pulled away shortly after but it had felt like eternity. I loved it so much that I leaned in and kissed her again.