Chapter 8

"Live a little"

Jayson sat on his bed scrolling through pictures on his phone when someone knocked on the door

"Come in" he said thinking maybe it was Keith or Brooke but he was completely wrong

"Hey son" His father walked in

"Dad" he put his phone down turning to his father

"We need to talk" He mumbled "first I'm sorry I wasn't there for you at the hospital I wasn't feeling well, after I heard you and your mother were in a accident I had a minor hearth attack but it was nothing"

"W-what?" Jayson's eyes widened "are you okay?"

"I should be asking you that" he gave him a reassuring smile but after releasing it didn't help his son he sighed "I'm fine"

"Good" he smiled "I need to talk to you too, look I'm sorry for thinking it was your fault"

"It's oka-

"No, no it's not I blamed you for everything while it was all mom's fault" he shook his head "I can't believe she just left in a coma like th-

"Jayson about that" his father sighed sitting next to him "I'm the one that told her to leave"

"What?" He stood up followed by his father "how could you"

"We're getting a divorce and I'm in the process of getting full custody, I didn't want her to hurt you again"

"I think you've hurt me way worse" He raised an eyebrow "and who said I wanted you to have custody?"

"You'll have to come back home"

"No"

"It's either me or your mother Jayson and I'm telling you right now even if you chose your mom she's not gonna win" he stood up

"How about neither of you" he clenched his jaw

"J-

"Get out"

"Liste-

"You don't want to get out then I'll leave" he grabbed the jacket on the bed storming out the door "lock up behind you"

---

Jayson walked through the crowed club walking through the dancing couples and drunk man making it to the bar

"Give me a beer" he leaned on the counter

"Can I see your ID?" The bartender put his hand out, he sighed going through his pocket and taking out his fake ID and handing it over, the man took a look out it and handed it back "bottle or draft?"

"Bottle's fine" the bartender walked away as Jayson took his jacket off and then the wrist brace he had on when the man came back with a beer placing it in front of him "what do I owe you?"