Prologue

It would be safe to assume that there are a lot of strange phenomena in the world that are still undiscovered. Or better yet, if it is found, it is oftentimes not understood. A great example of this would be the magic that has existed for millennia on Earth, yet can never be studied. Scientists try their damnedest to investigate their origins, or how it works in the human body. However, researchers assume that if it could be studied and understood, it wouldn't necessarily be called "magic" at all.

          Another great example of this strange phenomenon is the mythical creatures that roam the Earth without a care in the world... At least, they could in a utopian world. Unfortunately, they still have to pay taxes like the rest of the mortal flesh bags in this God-forsaken place. It's a little fucked up, but if the creatures like the Beast-men wanted to avoid civilian responsibilities, for example, a cat boy, he would have to live and behave as the average domestic house cat.

          A small price to pay to legally commit tax evasion. It is a thankless job, but it must be done.

          Another example of strange phenomena currently taking place is the serious tone this book is desperately trying to maintain. Would readers be upset once they find out this is completely false advertising? There is the desperate, feminine urge to drop all the decorum and say: "Fuck it, we ball," but maybe it's too soon.

          It might definitely be too soon to break the fourth wall actually, but the damage has been done. Can the blame be put on the Author, though? From writing Fan-fiction as a silly pass-time to writing novels on what it means to be in love–it's a drastic change in one's life. However, there is a dark foundation for what is about to unfold, and it must be said now so you won't be too surprised later.

          What was I talking about just now? Ah, right. Phenomena. There's a lot of that on Earth, and most of it cannot be explained. I'm afraid there's not much more to it than that. As stated before, if it could be explained, then it wouldn't exactly be a phenomena either.

          Likewise, in terms of mythical creatures, Vampires fall into that category strangely enough. You would think the Elves, Mermaids, Fairies, Trolls, etc., would be in that box as well. However, as far as history books are concerned, their existence could be explained by evolution and maybe magic as well. Vampires? They just showed up one day and... asserted themselves into this world.

          Yeah, right. The truth is actually that the Scribe at the time was way too terrified to even interview the first vampire that was ever recorded. Why did no one else go instead? Unfortunately, that's not written in the history books, so I couldn't tell you. I mean, I could, but why would I?

          As another example, the technology that has been invented, and the technology that has yet to be discovered. You're trying to tell me that they've found a way to create radios and radio towers for music, but telephones aren't a thing? Microwaves and electricity are a thing too, by the way. But not steam trains or gas/electric stoves? However, the microwave only exists for one single joke in this book, so that inconsistency is on me.

          Anyway, short story long, there are a lot of strange things happening in the world that can't be explained. Like the magic crystal directly under the North Star between the Kingdom of and the Kingdom of Frost, buried deep down in a cavern that is yet to be discovered. It's about three meters tall and one meter in width, though time and erosion had formed its shape to be that of a seed. A very large seed, but a seed nonetheless. It glows a beautiful purple, almost beautiful enough to make you forget your fears when you first lay eyes on it.

          It could be theorized that the reason why there are more monsters near these two nations (Kingdom of Frost and Kingdom of) than anywhere else, is because of that magic crystal. But that could only be valid if there were any investigations done on the crystal. Alas, Adventurers these days tend to stay within the boundaries of the Kingdoms. Leaving the Kingdom's "walls" is practically suicide as there's magic imbued with the walls by Queen Dandy of the Glava Kingdom, and Princess Caboose of the Kingdom of.

          That magic, for some strange reason, is something the monsters are terrified of. And it was no qualms to the Queen and Princess to help use their magic for the other Kingdoms as well. It's just a matter of them needing to go out and essentially refresh the spell every once in a while.

          After all, what could be more important than the safety of their–no, of THE people?

          A lot of things, actually, according to the evil and the corrupted–but I digress.