4: How Many Times Can I Use the Word Spoiled in this Chapter?

Stretching her arms above her head, Caboose leaves her shower room with a yawn. She had almost fallen asleep in the bathtub were it not for Rosey, one of the castle's staff that she's friends with, knocking on the door to check-in. Nao and Caboose didn't return to the castle until the sun was almost completely gone. They spent more time just walking around and talking than actually buying anything. That's not to say they didn't buy anything, quite the opposite.

The Princess feels bad about the last bit of their trip since she only planned to buy a few things. Not only did it turn into Nao, once again, spoiling her with extra miscellaneous things, but he didn't let her buy him something in return like she wanted. She tried to, but Nao challenged her to a fucking fight in the middle of the store!

First of all, there's no way she can beat him in a fight. He has the strength of a fucking bear and that's not including his amazing control over his Black Ice magic. Second of all, that would've been so embarrassing to lose and cause an even bigger scene over a pair of gloves! That fucker planned it from the start, and probably had no plans to let her purchase anything to begin with!

Caboose's room is a bit cluttered now with all the new purchases made today since she hasn't gotten the chance to put it away. Rosey had offered to do it for her while the Princess bathed, but the brunette didn't want to add another reason why Nao was right about her being a pampered princess.

She sits on the comfortable stool that is in front of the dresser with the mirror, making sure to adjust her night clothes before she sits. She thinks it can be called a nightdress. She's not completely sure since it was gifted to her by Janella a while ago. It embarrassingly didn't cover much, but it was comfortable to sleep in so Caboose didn't mind it.

Caboose leans over to turn on the radio that sits on the dresser nearby. Jumping slightly at the loud volume and quickly turning it down. The music that usually plays is absent of any singing, but Caboose finds that she has yet to hear a song she doesn't like so she lets whatever music play. With a soft smile, she grabs her hairbrush from the dresser and begins to comb her hair as she always does per routine.

What a peaceful way to end the day. Surely her night won't be disturbed by some man whom she specifically told to leave her alone out of pettiness-

Knock, knock, knock.

"It's me, Lady Caboose." Nao speaks through the door, "May I come in?"

"No, you may not." Caboose huffs, brushing her hair more aggressively.

Nao, that bitch, twists the door handle and comes in anyway. The Princess had to inhale and exhale deeply to hold back the urge to snap at him. She refuses to look at him, instead straightening up and continuing as she was.

The man with monolid eyes never looks away from her, even as he closes the door. He doesn't think that–strangely enough–in all the years he's been working with her, that he's seen her in her night clothes. Usually, by this time, he's not even in the castle anymore.

...

He's unsure how to feel about it.

"Your door was still unlocked," Nao, Captain Fucking-Obvious, states, "That's a bit dangerous."

"I left it open for Local, he's gonna bring me some tea to help me sleep, as he always does around this time." Caboose briefly explains.

"...You are upset with me."

"Yes, I am upset with you, Lord Kazuki."

Wow, she sounds pretty pissed off. If Nao wants to solve this issue, then he's going to need to navigate this perfectly. He doesn't understand why she's upset with him all of a sudden, he doesn't remember doing anything wrong.