Part 13

J

It's amazing what a good night of sleep can do to a person. And a good fuck for that matter.

Lisa was right, I was just tired and needed to sleep. It all feels so stupid now, even though the uneasiness still lingers whenever I hear whispers about the recent murders.

I can still feel Lisa inside of me. Even as Marc, my boss, gave me a ridiculous lecture about how many sick days I have left, all I could think about was how Lisa touched me last night.

Not just touched me. There isn't a suitable word for what she did to me. How she dragged the pleasure from me in a way I didn't know could exist.

And that was just foreplay.

The memory of how her lips felt, how her body felt, how her... cock felt. I've known her condition since we were in high school. Everyone knows it.

My nipples harden as a shudder rolls through my body at the thought of tonight. Lisa is pretty and handsome at the same time, classically so with a darkness that hints at danger, but last night, everything about her resembled a sex god. The way the dim light caressed her face, the way her lips seemed to pout and then glisten when she licked them. And her eyes swirled with a desire I imagine could never be tamed. It's more than just lust though. The more I'm around her, the more I let myself believe there's something more between us.

The click of the air conditioner in the office brings my gaze up to it and then to Yeji, sitting in the desk chair cross-legged and on her phone. While I'm on the floor with six piles of paper as I try to organize these documents alphabetically by last name.

"Oh, my God," Yeji drags out the last word as she throws her head back and stares at the ceiling in exasperation. "Can it just be five already?" She drops her gaze to me and I have to crack a smile.

"Hard day?" I taunt her, knowing she didn't do shit. We had four clients come in today. So, she checked in four people. And that's all she's done. For eight hours.

I sit upright, stretching my back. "We could switch on Monday?" I offer her, and she tilts her head.

"I don't know why you even agreed to that shit," she tells me while making a circle with her pointer finger to encompass the papers on the floor, right before going back to her phone.

Agreed? It's my job. I bite my inner cheek to keep from responding. I need my paycheck. I need to add it to my meager savings.

The thought of why I'm so desperate to save up makes my heart squeeze in my chest.

It's so I can leave and get out of here. But things have changed. That would mean leaving Lisa and whatever it is that we have going on now.

It's odd to feel so much, so quickly. To feel that raw loss at the thought of one day getting out of here. I'm so used to feeling lonely that it didn't take much for me to feel some sort of attachment to her. Although that feeling has come and gone for years and yet every time, I know there's something between us I'd never have with anyone else.

It only took that single kiss years ago to know that.

"I say we just get out of here," Yeji suggests, interrupting my thoughts.

I shrug at her suggestion. "Marc won't notice, that's for sure."

I'm not leaving this city any time soon. And whatever I have with Lisa will more than likely be short-lived. I'm still shocked it's happening at all.

I'll be counting the days until it ends.

Even knowing that, so confidently certain it will end, I'm still going to give myself to her tonight. I didn't question it for a moment.