Chapter 57

"Let's head inside." Opening the door, he ushered her in. The cabin was dark, and she could hear the wind howling outside. She was still fiddling with her shirt buttons when the lights suddenly came on, and she gasped in surprise.

The room was transformed. Fairy lights twinkled from the ceiling, and candles flickered on every surface. The dome had been opened, and the aurora borealis was visible in all its glory. It was like something out of a fairytale.

In the center of the room was a table set for two. A bottle of champagne chilled in an ice bucket, and two crystal glasses sparkled in the candlelight. Autumn couldn't believe her eyes. Had he done this for her? But why?

"The only time I want your face to shine is when my tongue is in your cunt. Stop staring like that." He chuckled and dimmed the lights even further. "Come on," he grabbed her coat and threw it on the floor.

He pulled a chair for her, and she sat in it, not knowing what to expect. "I asked you many times, why are you being nice?" She took her gloves off and put them neatly on the side. He shook his head and undid the wine cap.

"No matter how many times you ask me this, I am going to tell you the same answer," he poured some wine for her.

"I don't drink," she stopped him. But Zyler didn't seem to be bothered. He poured some drink into the glass.

"Trust me, you will love this," he offered some for her to taste. She glanced up at his face, but it gave no clue of his mood. "I will not drug you if that is what you think I am doing," His brows lifted, and his chuckle was deep and warm.

Drawing a deep breath, she finally picked up the glass. She had never loosened up. Maybe once doesn't hurt, does it? Her fingers curled around the stem of the wine glass, and she lifted it to her lips. His eyes were glued to her lips as she sipped her wine. He could almost feel the soft touch of her lips against his own, and he had to fight the urge to reach out and touch her. He was mesmerized by her, his eyes devouring her from head to toe.

"Here," he served her cauliflower soup and garlic bread. The soup smelled heavenly. Closing her eyes, she muttered grace silently under her breath. Zyler's lips curved into an amusing smirk. No God can save her from the events that will transpire next. Hades should come down and beg him to stop feasting on her.

She grabbed the spoon and dipped it in the soup. She slurped the liquid and closed her eyes. The soup tasted like it smelled. Deliciously decadent. The warmth of the hot soup filled her insides with relief. She forgot how hungry she was. It was the case for her. Zyler's presence altered her senses and made her forget things.

"I take it you loved the soup?" He undid his watch and placed it on the table. "I want a taste," he wet his lips.

"You have your bowl right there," she wasn't so keen on sharing her food with him, not when there was plenty for both of them.

"But the soup from your lips tastes better." He never minced his words.

"I don't want that," she said, her voice firm. "I'm not sharing my food." She didn't care if he didn't like to hear it. She wouldn't let him do this to her, not after the way he had switched from a passionate lover to a threatening demon in the next minute.

His electric blue eyes were like a caress, lingering on her lips momentarily before moving to her eyes. "Okay."

She didn't expect him to give up so quickly, but she didn't push it. They finished their dinner in silence, the only sounds being the clinking of cutlery and the whisper of falling snow. Autumn couldn't stop drinking the wine. Every sip released new flavors in her mouth. It was something she had never experienced before. "I want more," she demanded, and he raised his eyebrows, lacing his fingers under his chin.