Chapter 66

Nancy, who was standing outside the room, smiled in satisfaction as a teardrop rolled out of her eyes.

He relaxed his shoulders, and his once-taut posture gradually eased. His presence was bathed in Matt's blood, a macabre cloak that clung to him like a badge of vengeance. In the dim light, his appearance was nothing short of terrifying.

Now void of the fierce intensity that had fueled him, his eyes held a chilling calmness. The shadows danced across his face, emphasizing the cold, relentless determination etched in his features. It was a look that seemed to pierce the very depths of one's soul. Wiping the blood off his face, he pulled out his electronic gadget.

He hacked into the security system and wiped off Matt's security data. His footsteps resounded ominously in the vast, silent mansion. Each echo magnified the tension that hung in the air. Her heart pounding like a relentless drumbeat, Nancy could hardly hear anything else.

Zyler instructed her to follow him, and she obeyed without question. "Go home," he ordered, a cold determination in his eyes, as he withdrew a gasoline pipe from a nearby tanker. The pungent scent of fuel filled the air as he methodically doused the entire house.

He lit the match and threw it on the gasoline-soaked mansion, engulfing the wood and stone structure in a roaring inferno. Flames licked hungrily at the walls, devouring everything in their path. But before the flames could consume everything, Zyler sent the damning footage to Varney, a chilling message attached.

"I am coming for you," Zyler's words, delivered with a deadly promise, hung in the air like a haunting premonition, foretelling the relentless pursuit of his vengeance.

Zyler calmly ignited his cigarette. With the inferno's embers still flickering around him, he had kept his promise. He will dance on each one of their dead bodies. He threw the cigarette on the ground and crushed it. With one last look at the charred mansion, he walked away as the sun began to shine, burning bright with the wood.

By the time he reached his house, everyone was already up. Autumn was in the kitchen, having breakfast and playing with her baby. She hadn't noticed him, but he did. What a sight it was to look at her first thing in the morning. Autumn raised her head as she saw Carly freezing in her spot. Her eyes landed on him, and her brows creased in confusion.

His face looked tired, dark circles prominent. She sighed, got up, and walked away. She was cleaning her plate, and from the corner of her eye, she saw Zyler walking up the steps. She was thankful he didn't bother.

Picking up Peaches, she perched on the couch. Stroking his fur gently, she browsed the news when something popped up on her feed. "In a heart-wrenching incident, Matthew Walsh, the CEO of Matthew Hardware and Solutions and a well-known local political figure, tragically lost his life within the confines of his own home. The devastating event resulted in the unfortunate and complete incineration of the body. While investigations are underway, preliminary findings suggest a potential gas connection issue as the cause of this grievous accident."

Autumn's breath raged. Did he do this? Is that why he wasn't home last night? Did he commit another murder? Autumn couldn't tell, but she couldn't blame him without a proper investigation either. Her thoughts halted when she heard footsteps. She whipped her head only to see Zyler walking down the stairs whistling, cuffing his cuff links.

He didn't bother having breakfast and reached Autumn in quick strides. Peaches barked furiously at Zyler, but with one look from Zyler, the pooch growled and hid behind Autumn. "So, now you pick fights with animals too?" She picked up her baby and glared at him.

"I will take care of you in the car," he spanked her ass pretty hard and walked away. Autumn gritted her teeth and kissed her baby boy.

"Be a good boy, Peachy. I will see you in the evening," she put him down, and the dog ran to Carly as she held treats for him.