13

"JENNY WAKE UP!"

"JENNY WAKE UP!"

I hear a voice say, as I'm being shaken. I open my eyes to see Maxine.

As I look around I noticed we're still on the train, I was kinda hoping that all of what happened was some sort of dream. Like all that happened was meeting the boys and just going home. But I guess I should start treating this as if it is really real life.

"Yeah?" I say sitting up.

"It's time to go, it's about to be our stop." She says.

"How? The train is still moving?" I say.

"Well Johnny says we'll just have to jump." She says.

"JUMP OFF A MOVING TRAIN?" I yell a bit, causing Maxine to jump and the boys to turn their attention on to us.

"Sorry Maxine I didn't mean to scare ya..." I apologize.

"It's alright, I just didn't expect that you know? But I guess I should have cause what else would you react to information like that." She says rubbing the back of her neck.

"Sorry for yelling like that.." I say turning to the boys.

"Don't be, that was Ponyboy's reaction to that to." Johnny says, with a little shove from Ponyboy.

"That was not my reaction..." He huffs.

"Oh that was totally your reaction." I say laughing.

"Alright, that's enough now when I say go hold onto someone and jump." Johnny says turning to us.

"Alright captain." I say saluting him.

We were all by the opening of the boxcar. At this time I really got a look of our surroundings. We were in the middle of the country, but it looked beautiful in a way. I never really been out in this part of Oklahoma before, only been to Tulsa. So it really fascinated me.

"Okay now!" Johnny says.

Before I could get to Maxine, Johnny already grabbed her arm and jumped. In a panic I looked to Ponyboy, grabbed his hand and jumped off as well. We rolled in the grass and stopped.