01.

✧*̥˚ THE MOON'S LITTLE DANCER *̥˚✧

NOW PLAYING: Cleopatra by The Lumineers

0:12 ─ㅇ─────── 3:21

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Nailea Rose was the epitome of a dance prodigy.

She had a raw ability to encapsulate the music with such natural talent. No one could deny the power that exuded from Nailea whenever she performed, effortlessly capturing the attention of all those who watched.

Her aptitude for dance was gifted to her from the moon, and the stars were her biggest fans.

Dance was the one thing that Nailea wanted to do for the rest of her life, which she had decided upon at a young age. Ballet was what Nailea had begun with, and it showed with the way she held herself, yet as she trained in various genres of dance, Nailea took to them like second nature.

While competing in competitions all around the world, Nailea was a world champion at the age of nine, had joined the Palace Dance Studio at the age of ten, competed in several dance battles in the Royal Family dance crew, danced as backup for several celebrities, and  even starred in Justin Bieber's "Sorry" music video when she was thirteen.

Her name was everywhere in the dance world.

Until it wasn't.

The moment Nailea Rose didn't show up to her final battle to determine the winner in the world championship was the last moment anyone had heard anything about her. It was a mystery that not many people could figure out. The public couldn't understand how someone so passionate about something could stop doing it abruptly. No one knew why, and that's precisely how Nailea liked it.

Nailea couldn't bring herself to leave home for long anymore. The simple thought of it made breathing feel a little harder to do. She had promised herself a long time ago that as long as she could help it, Nailea would never let history repeat itself. So, she enrolled in the local university, following in her father's footsteps and helping her mother with the family business.

It wasn't how she pictured her life to turn out to be. A few years ago, Nailea was 100% certain that it was her fate to always be dancing. Now, she wasn't sure about anything.

All she knew was that she had a long day at university, tired from the boring lectures she had to sit through, stressed over the mountainous amount of due assignments, and ready to go home and nap.

Yet, fate had another thing in mind for Nailea Rose.

"Mama, I'm home," Nailea yells as she steps into the house, taking off her shoes. The comforting cream walls engulf the tired girl, photos of the Rose family staring down at her as she plops her bag on the ground, telling herself she'll take her things to her room soon.