06.

✧*̥˚ AM I GOOD ENOUGH? *̥˚✧

NOW PLAYING: this is me trying by Taylor Swift

1:25 ───ㅇ───── 3:16

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

"Hi sweetheart."

Nailea hears her mother's gentle voice after a couple rings. She feels her metal armour melt away at the familiar sound that she has missed so much.

"Hi mama," Nailea replies happily. "How are you?"

"I've been good, sweetheart. Work has been going really well, I mean, I'm still dealing with stupid people but that's a given." Her mother laughs, making Nailea laugh in return. "Your brother has been good too, he started his new job, hates it but he's happy he's got money now."

Rolling her eyes playfully, Nailea can't believe the news. "Wow, finally! Now he can stop bugging me for money."

"How have you been, sweetheart? How's the show?"

Nailea feels her eyes start to well up at the question. Don't cry Nai, don't worry her. Nailea decides to tell her mother about her newfound friends, "it's going alright, ma. I've made some friends! Outside of the girls."

Nailea recalls her interactions with Tsubakill, leaving out certain details about what led her to the bright red hideout room. She also recalls her interaction with Tatter. The Jam Republic dancer had left her hideout to find a secluded place to come up with choreography for the rookie song. Yet Tatter must've had the same idea as Nailea finds the blonde Bebe dancer joining her.

"Hello," Tatter had said slowly, in an unsure tone. "I'm Tatter."

Nailea smiles shyly, standing up from her crouched position. "Hi, I'm Nailea. You're in the rookie class too, right? How's your choreography going?"

Tatter groans playfully while sitting down with Nailea following her lead. The two girls had started talking about how neither of them could think of moves and that the time limit didn't help either. Laughter is shared among the opposing crew members as they talk about the show, dancing, and pretty much anything they can think about. After an hour of chatting, the two girls decide they need to start their dances.

"See you later, Nailea." Tatter engulfs Nailea as they stand up.

Shaking her head with a smile, Nailea wraps her arms around the Bebe dancer, "call me Nai, that's what my friends call me."

A bright smile adorns Tatter's face as she pulls away, "see you later, Nai."

Finishing her story, Nailea quietens down. As if her mother can sense that something is wrong, she asks, "is everything ok, Nai?" Is everything ok? Nailea flops down onto her hotel bed with a groan as she recalls the past couple of days.