02.

✧*̥˚ RUNNING ON PURE SPITE *̥˚✧

NOW PLAYING: Therefore I Am by Billie Eilish

0:29 ─ㅇ─────── 2:53

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Nailea thinks she's dying.

As she lays on the studio floor, chest heaving as if the oxygen around her is running, Nailea swears she's seeing stars in her vision and hearing them die in her ears. She never remembered dancing to be this difficult, fitness-wise.

"Nai," a sweet voice breaks her out of her near-coma state, "we've just started."

The bitter words, coaxed with the honey tone, made the ex-dancer want to curl up into a ball and roll away. Yet, as she stares at the ceiling in disbelief, she remembers that her new team is depending on her to get back into shape physically and mentally. And that is going harder than expected, "I think I'm going to be sick."

Slightly turning her head to face her new friend, Nailea fakes a gag, slapping a hand to her mouth. One could say Nailea's dramatic, she would say she's just expressive in her ways.

Nailea had met Audrey Lane, the American member of Jam Republic, on the first team zoom call a couple of days after she joined the crew. After a persistent push from Kirsten and her mother, Nailea flew to LA to not only meet Audrey, but train with some of the best dancers in the world to get back in touch with her old ways. Kirsten believed that, although filming for Street Woman Fighter begins in only a couple of months, Audrey and LA could help jog Nailea's muscle memory.

And God knows that Nailea prayed for her muscles remember.

It did help that the two young girls are quite similar as they immediately clicked when they met in person; anyone who didn't know any better would think they've known each other for a lifetime or two.

Maybe that's why Nailea grabs Audrey's outstretched hand, in promise to not let her team nor her family down. She knew her team depended on her: Kirsten, Ling, Emma, Audrey and Latrice. They all believed she could do this, so she had to. If not for myself then for them. Lifting herself off the ground, Nailea tries to mentally prepare herself for the challenging journey ahead of her, inside and outside the dance studio.

As music fills the studio, Nailea tries to clear her mind and let her body encompass the rythm. Let the music tell her body what to do. Yet, as her mind draws a blanks and her body doesn't know what to do, Nailea can feel a bit of the old her die.

Tears threatened to leave Nailea's eyes as she silently mourned the girl who lived to do this every single day. Who could feel the beat as second nature. Swallowing back her tears, she avoids looking into Audrey's gaze.