Chapter-24

Hello my lovely readers,

here we go  with the next update.

enjoy reading and please comment how was the chapter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VEER POV: -

We're all set for the press conference that's going to be held today at our company. Inayat is getting ready, while I wait for her. She couldn't sleep the entire night, underestimating herself. It's time for her to overcome her past and move on. She stayed awake, preparing her speech, and how could I sleep when my heart was awake? So, I stayed with her and helped her prepare everything.

The bathroom door opens, revealing a new Inayat. A new version of Inayat who radiates the energy of a fierce woman ready to do anything to achieve her goals.

I'm so awestruck that I didn't even realize when she came and stood in front of me. "What do you think, Mr. Singhania? Do I look like your wife?" she asks, and I can't help but smirk. "No, you look like a queen, my queen," I say, pulling her towards me by her waist as her hands land on my chest. "Then let's conquer our enemies and build our empire," she says, her eyes sparkling with determination. "Let's go, Your Highness," I say, offering my arm. She smiles and entwines her arm with mine.

"Woah, look at the power couple!" Mahir exclaims from the living room as we descend the stairs

"Woah, look at the power couple!" Mahir exclaims from the living room as we descend the stairs. "Woah-woah-woah, look at them," Dad echoes, a proud smile on his face. "Are you ready, Inayat?" Dadu asks as soon as we reach him. "More than I ever could be," she replies, and everyone smiles. "We are proud of you," Mom and Dad say in unison, enveloping her in a warm hug. "We should go, it's almost time," Mahir suggests, and we all nod in agreement.

Inayat and I share a car, while Mom and Dad ride in another with Niya, and Mahir and Niyati take a third. "Aren't you nervous?" I ask Inayat, who is continuously looking out the window. She sighs, then turns towards me. "When I was young, Ammi told me there's a first time for everything, and I think it's time to leave my past behind and move on. It's time to face my fears," she says, then takes my hand. "You can do this," I assure her, kissing her hand. She smiles at me.

We arrive at Singhania Enterprises. Today, the paparazzi are out in full force. After all, the only heir of the Vaid's is making an appearance today. Inayat, the daughter of India's most famous lawyer, is about to step into the limelight. Everyone thought the entire Vaid bloodline had ended, but today, they're going to see the only surviving heir.

 Everyone thought the entire Vaid bloodline had ended, but today, they're going to see the only surviving heir

INAYAT POV: -

The theatre door swings open, revealing a large hall filled with the incessant flashes of media cameras. I take a deep breath, reminding myself, 'I can do this,' and hold onto Veer's arm. With confident strides, we make our way through the crowd towards the stage.

I have to do this, to put an end to this story. I have to do this for Mamma and Papa.

'Are you the daughter of Shekhar Vaid?' 'How can we believe you are telling the truth?' 'Where were you all these years?' 'Are you and Veer going to marry?' The media is firing questions non-stop. I take a deep breath and then take hold of the microphone.

"I know you all won't believe me if I say that I'm the daughter of Shekhar Vaid. Why would you, right? But I have to tell everyone present here a story. So, I think everyone here might know about the Cinderella story. Well, mine isn't similar to hers, but I do have a villain in my life like she had. Hers was her stepmother, mine isn't. Mine is my father's brother. You all might be thinking why I'm telling this. So, the thing is, once there was a girl who lived happily with her parents. She had a brother who she never liked because he would always bully her. One day, she heard her father and her uncle fighting over something. Being a child, she didn't understand what the fight was about, but it was so intense that it cost three lives. The girl's mother, who was pregnant, died in a car accident along with her unborn sibling and her father. But somehow, the girl survived. And when her uncle came to know that the girl was alive, he tortured her. But he couldn't let her die because she was now his only key to reach his goal. So, he left her there at the site of the accident. And when the police came, they found the girl alive. They called her relative, whom she would always call her guardian angel."

"After that accident, she lost her memories, but her guardian angel protected her from the cruel outside world. He made sure no one could reach and hurt her. But as we say, you can't do anything when fate has another plan. Somehow, when she turned 23, her evil uncle found out who she was, so he sent his daughter to the same college as her. The daughter was even more evil than her father and brother. She would bully her to the point that one day, the girl decided to end her life. But she couldn't because of her friends. She somehow graduated, and now her marriage was fixed with someone she didn't know, but he knew her very well because both of them knew each other since childhood. But the girl didn't know because she didn't remember anything from her past. Everything was going fine in her life, but one day, that evil daughter made an entry again and created a misunderstanding between the girl and the boy. The girl met with an accident and went into a coma. But that accident did a good thing to her; her memories returned," I say, walking down the stairs, making my way through the media.

"The girl's uncle came to know that her memories had returned, and that made all the difference. He sent his son to kill her in the hospital so she wouldn't reveal anything to the police, but he somehow failed. When they came to know that the police were after them, they left the country. But after a few weeks, he made the biggest mistake. He dug his own grave. That girl went to a party with her fiancé, and there she met the boy who was there when her uncle tortured her, the one who came to kill her at the hospital. The one who is with us today," I say, standing in front of Rahul Batra, who is disguised as a press reporter.

"The only son of Manish Batra, Mr. Rahul Batra, or should I say, Mr. Rahul Vaid. You made the biggest mistake coming to the hospital that day, and you were a fool to attend that party. Well, I guess you didn't know I would be accompanying Veer," I say, crossing my arms against my chest.

"You are under arrest, Mr. Rahul," the police say, and I can't help but smirk. From the corner of my eye, I see a slight movement at the back of the hall. "Hold on, dear sister, where are you going?" I call out, not letting her escape.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally sub-villains are arrested. soon Manish will also be behind Bars. just stay tuned for updates.

please comment and vote on the story.

(I don't know why I put this song on story but I did.)

See you guys soon,

your author

xoxo