A Little Embarrassing

As I took a step into the room it was as if time had slowed, as I made eye contact with you, your eyes so shiny, a blue sliver that sent shivers down my spine, a cold yet such an inviting color. Your hair was like silk shining in the light, the sun reflecting off the moon shaped buttons on your jacket.

You were there on your own, just taking a sip of tea as you were reading a book, The Song of Achilles, with a deep sky blue color and a Greek soldiers helmet on the cover. The combination of colors around you emphasizing your dark outline, all I wanted was to walk up and say hi, get to know you, learn every hobby and interest you ever had. It was about this point in my train of though when I fell flat on my face.

I had tripped on my shoelace while walking through the door and now I was face first on the floor, I could feel my brain rattling in my head as I heard a velvet voice say "Are you alright, that was a pretty bad fall?" I looked up into those silvery eyes and next thing I knew I was standing at attention saying I was just fine. You giggled and wiped a smudge of dirt from my face while saying "Probably want to tie your shoe, and once you get a drink you should come and sit with me."

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOWISTHISHAPPENINGWHATTHEFUCKDOTHISONLYHAPPENSINMOVIESHOWDOIRESPONDDIDIDOSOMETHINGDIDISAYSOMETHINGIDIDNTEVENSAYANYTHINGWHATTHEFUCKDOIDOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
"Yeah sure thing, I'd love to hear about that book your reading." I thanked whatever deity there may be out there for allowing my mouth to speak without my brain getting in the way. I got an earl grey tea and sat with you as you told me about the life of Achilles. A soldier with a body impenetrable other than the heel that he was held by when dipped into the river styx, recruited into the Greek army during the Trojan War along with his lover Patroclus, when Achilles refused to fight Patroclus posed as him and fought and fell. Achilles went into an unstoppable rage, decimating the Trojans and turning the tide of battle all for his dead lover. His rage lead to his downfall as a soldier landed a lucky shot to his heel, crippling his foot and in the end leading to his death.

"Guess you really landed that lucky shot on me." I said to myself taking a sip of tea, realizing that was a lot louder than I meant it to be. FUUUUUUUUUCKIACTUALLYSAIDTHATSHITWHYWOULDISAYTHATITSSOCHEESYITSNOTEVENTHATGOODOFALINEFUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.
"Couldn't help taking my shot when you caught my eye." You giggled and answered so calmly. I nearly choked on my tea then and there.

At this point I had to ask "Think I could get your number?"
"Sure thing, Achilles."
Fuck, this gonna be a thing now isn't it.

My phone dings as I lay in bed about a week later and see your name with a text appear "Hey Achilles, come over, it's cold here in the afterlife."
AFUCKINGREFERENCETOWHATSHETOLDMEABOUTHOLYFUCKTHATSCUTEBUTATTHESAMETIMEFUCKTHATSACTUALLYCUTEHOLYSHITAHHHHHHHHHHHH.
I compose myself and respond "I'll be over in five."

That night was warm, with you close it felt wonderful. Your skin was so soft, your hair smelled wonderful, and I could do nothing but feel embarrassed, I was so red and I had never thought this would ever happen.

I know you may not remember those days and nights, but I do and I think that's all that matters, I had the most wonderful days and nights with you my Patroclus.