Chapter 9

The pack house was massive, so much bigger than he could have imagined. Far larger than the small two bedroom apartment he shared with his parents in the city. There was a large den for sleeping in human form where he had spent the last few days but each alpha also had their own bedrooms. It seemed most of them had been sleeping in those rooms the last few nights, trying to avoid crowding their newest packmate. They quickly assured Jungkook that they would only return to the den when he was ready for more company.

The pack house featured a gym, a large entertainment room, a spacious office and library, the huge kitchen he'd seen before, a swimming pool, and an incredible backyard surrounded by a large fence. The alphas led him to another room that looked similar to the den, telling the omega it was for when they decided to sleep together in their wolf forms. Jungkook wasn't sure why they would do that but figured that he would learn soon enough.

When they finished the tour they asked Jungkook what he thought. He responded with a polite nod, "It is really beautiful, can you tell me what rooms I'm allowed to be in?" After all, an omega should never enter an alpha's space without permission.

Namjoon gently grabbed him by the shoulders to make sure the omega was looking at him, "Jungkook, I want you to listen to me. You can go anywhere in the house any time that you want. This is your house too. I know you've been trained to respect alphas and always listen to them but this pack works a little differently from that. We view you as the most important wolf in this pack. You are absolutely essential, the moon goddess has selected you as the key piece of the puzzle that makes our pack work. I know that is hard to understand, but I want you to be open to us proving it to you ok? The moon goddess designed the supreme packs around their omega for a reason."

Jungkook stuttered out a small promise to try but the wolves could tell he wasn't convinced.

Avoiding further discomfort Namjoon moved the conversation to other subjects. "We want you to know that you can call us by our names or alpha, both are fine. You do not need to call us alpha if that isn't comfortable. Similarly you should let us know if you want to be called Jungkook instead of omega. It's natural for us to call you omega but we will stop immediately if you don't like that. Similarly I'm sure we will have many other nicknames for you, if you don't like any of them you can let us know. What do you think?"

"I...I like it when you call me omega. It makes me feel special and maybe like, that maybe you would protect me and take care of me? But you can also call me by my name. I like that too. And I don't mind having a nickname. And I want to be able to call you alpha sometimes unless you don't like that. Is that ok?"

Namjoon spoke on behalf of everyone there, "yes of course that is ok. We'd love that if you like it too."

"Ok alpha." Was all Jungkook could say in response before he became too nervous to continue.

Over the next few days Jungkook began to settle in. The pack found Jungkook's established habits were hard to break. He still refused to serve himself food, would only enter rooms if accompanied by an alpha, and avoided asking questions and eye contact. Even in light of this his comfort around the others was clearly growing. The alphas began to realize how starved he was of the comfort that came from being a pack, both the tactile touch and emotional connection that came from being in that kind of community. While Jungkook rarely initiated it, he always seemed nearly giddy when one of the alphas wanted to scent him. In return he'd try to casually bump the other's scent glands, hoping they wouldn't notice. Each time the packmate quickly figured out what he was doing but played along, hoping to help build his confidence in the pack.

They were only a few days away from having to present themselves back to the council and Namjoon knew it was time to discuss their mating. The council would require it and it was the only way to fully bring their powers to life. Namjoon asked the omega if he would sit with him for a bit to talk. It was normal for Jungkook to be curled up with someone, the bond beginning to form almost wordlessly between them. He assumed Namjoon was inviting him to another scenting session, which he was looking forward to.

"Little one, we need to talk about the mating." Namjoon cut right to the point at hand. "As you know in two days we have to present ourselves to the elders and they are expecting us to be mated before then. I know that is a lot, but we need to talk about getting started."

Jungkook looked at him with big eyes. He didn't know much about mating but he knew it bound the wolves together for life. They could no longer live without the others. This was the entire reason why the council was so frantic for their pack to mate, recognizing the supreme pack in front of them was likely to lose their first member soon. Once the first wolf in the pack returned to the moon goddess the others would join them within a few hours, a day at most. The new pack needed to be fully established before that happened.

"Yes, I understand. I...I am a little nervous, but I'm ready. I believe you will be good alphas and I know it is the moon goddesses plan for us. I just...I hope you will continue to be patient with me as I learn how to be a good omega for you."

Namjoon kissed his temple lightly. "You already are a good omega for us, the perfect omega. I know all of us are so happy to have you in our pack."

Jungkook looked down, too shy to make further eye contact.

"I know bonding with all of us will be a lot. Often there is intimacy during bonding but it isn't necessary. It feels like that might be too much for you right now so perhaps you would just let us scent you before we do the bite to seal our bond? How does that seem to you?"

"I think I would like that. I kind of like being scented."Jungkook responded with his cheeks turning a rosy red.

"Cute", he heard a whisper in his ear. "Let's go gather the pack. There are six of us and it may take some time for the bond to settle in between bites so we probably want to get started today if you are ready."

With a nod it was confirmed. It was time for them to truly become the supreme pack.