Chapter 24

Dinner was quite late that night. Jungkook had a busy day today getting closer to each of his mates while alphas were also busy both preparing for their official presentation as the supreme pack and beginning to review reports of potential flashpoints. There really wouldn't be much time for rest over the next few days, weeks, and months.

Jungkook was the last to arrive at the dinner table from washing his hands and immediately went to sit on Hobi's lap. He was the only alpha he hadn't gotten to spend separate time with and if he was honest he kind of missed being close and bathing in his joyful spirit.

Hobi was similarly happy to have the omega close. The pack had agreed that he should have some time with Jungkook after dinner, continuing their efforts to try to get closer and make the boy more comfortable. Based on how late it was Hobi seriously doubted he'd have time for more than some snuggling and tucking the sleepy pup into bed but he'd make the best of the time he had.

When dinner was over Hobi ushered Jungkook up the stairs toward the sleeping den. "I'll find some pajamas for you and then maybe we can spend some time together before you go to sleep?"

Jungkook happily nodded in agreement, starting his evening routine of washing up and brushing his teeth. He secretly loved it when one of his alphas picked his clothes. Maybe even when his new clothes came he could still sometimes wear an alpha's shirts and shorts? Or maybe they would help him pick the perfect outfit each day? He'd have to figure out how to ask, it wasn't really appropriate for an omega to wear an alpha's clothes but he sensed this pack might be open to it if he asked the right alpha at the right time.

Hobi was back almost immediately with clothes that Jungkook was drowning in, the collar hanging off his shoulder in a way that showed off all his marks. Hobi kissed each mark, seeing that the redness and swelling was finally receding.

"Why don't you lay down pup and I'll come snuggle you."

Jungkook quickly got under the covers waiting for Hobi to remove his shirt and join him in the warm sleeping den. The alpha soon slid in next to him, pulling the omega to rest his head on the alpha's chest while he wrapped his arms around him.

"Did you have a good day today pup?" The alpha murmured, nuzzling against Jungkook's hair.

"I did. Everyone has been telling me about how they came to the pack, I've really liked hearing those stories. And it was so exciting to see the garden. Taehyung alpha even let me help and bring something back. I've never really done anything like that. Although almost everything feels new here. I've really done so few things when I think about it."

"I promise that's about to change, sometimes for the better, and maybe sometimes for the worse. But under any circumstances you're about to see much more of the world." After a few moments of silence the alpha continued. "It's about time for you to get some sleep. If you want I can tell you my story and rub your back?"

Jungkook hummed in agreement, ready to hear more about how his pack came together and glad to fill in this final missing piece.

"Well I have one sister and growing up our father was a teacher. He taught history at the local school where my sister and I attended. I never had him as my own teacher because I was here with this pack by the time I would have reached the grades he taught."

"Growing up I had a lot of interests but school wasn't really one of them. I wasn't like Namjoon, or even Taehyung or Jin who were all good students. I'd rather goof around and enjoy myself than spend a lot of time pouring over my textbooks. When my classmates were studying I'd be at the local snack counter or playing with friends."

"I'm sure everyone has told you the same thing, but I was shocked the first time I shifted. I was at school in the middle of a class when it happened. I heard a lot of screaming and shouting around me, obviously it isn't normal to have this kind of thing happen during a math lesson."