Chapter 32

The rest of the pack was up with a lurch when they felt the body of a wolf land on top of them in the middle of the sleeping den. Jin wasn't supposed to be back until morning. Why was he...

Wait...

It wasn't just Jin. He still had their Kookie crushed tight in his arms. Their omega was here. Right now. In their sleeping den. Jin had come back and brought their omega with him.

Chaos broke out, everyone trying to talk at once, crowding the omega and Jin who were clutching each other while tears streamed down their faces.

"Everyone, stop." Namjoon finally commanded, trying to give the final two packmates a little space.

"Jin, what happened? How did you get here? What's wrong?"

Jin wiped the tears from his eyes. "He's not doing well. I couldn't get him to stop crying. We promised we'd take care of him. I don't know what happened. I was there and now we're here together. He needs us. Not just me, us."

The omega seemed to hardly recognize the change of location or the alphas around him, still periodically pausing to whimper through his tears, yearning for his alphas.

Namjoon quickly leaned over to collect the shaking omega, pulling him up into his arms and holding him close against his chest. "Come here baby, alpha's got you. We're all here. You're home in your den, everything is going to be ok."

Broken out of his trance, the pup quickly threw his arms around the alpha's neck burying himself in his scent gland, desperate to confirm he was really in Namjoon's arms.

"It's ok pup, we're all here, can you let everyone say hello?"

Jungkook nodded but refused to pull back from the alpha's scent gland, constantly bumping it and even giving it a few soft nips to ensure their scents were fully intermingled as he tried to calm himself.

Each of the remaining alphas came over and gently rubbed the omega on the back, whispering assurances of how glad they were to see him. While the brush of lips against the shell of his ear and the gentle traces of fingers down his back and cheek threatened to draw his attention away, he refused to be distracted from the alpha that was holding him, needing to fully convince himself that he was real, that he wouldn't disappear.

Namjoon could see Jimin and Hobi wrapping their arms around Jin, trying to comfort him from his own distress of seeing their omega in such a difficult state. Slowly everyone began to calm, including their precious omega.

"Sweetheart, do you want us to bathe you or do you want to just snuggle up together in the den?" Namjoon wanted to offer the omega some ability to choose for himself. He clearly needed to be cleaned of the sweat and tears that covered his skin but Namjoon knew they would only have a limited amount of time together considering they'd need to send the omega back by morning. Caring for their omega's needs was important but caring for his soul was even more critical for the brief time they had together.

Jungkook refused to answer, continuing to bury himself in Namjoon's scent gland as a form of comfort.

"Why don't we all lay down together for a bit and we can give you a soothing bath before you go back, yeah? How does that sound?"

Taking his lack of disagreement as a sign that the omega was comfortable with that approach Namjoon sat in the middle of the den then laid back, allowing the omega to sprawl on his chest. Each of the alpha's were already in just their boxers which was how they slept most nights so Jungkook was immediately able to bathe in the comfort of the skin to skin contact from his alphas.

The other wolves quickly crowded around, each finding a way to touch and soothe the omega, assuring him that they were all there, they were all ready to do anything to support him. Slowly Jungkook began to settle, eventually allowing himself to be passed from alpha to alpha but only after he'd had ample time to scent each of them. With each alpha he seemed to become more relaxed, less overwhelmed by his heat as he absorbed the gentle comfort and soothing touches his pack offered. Unlike previous nights he didn't drift off to sleep. It seemed he didn't want to miss a moment of this time with his alphas.

Being with each of his alphas was incredibly comforting but they were also quite distinct. Yoongi began rumbling in satisfaction as soon as the omega was comfortable in his arms, nearly causing Jungkook to naturally purr in response. Jimin whispered words of encouragement to the omega, assuring him that everything would be fine. Hobi held the omegas neck against his scent gland encouraging the omega to breathe deeply and fall into a fully relaxed state. Taehyung could help but rock the omega back and forth in his arms hoping the soothing motion would settle the omega further. Namjoon encouraged the omega to settle with his ear pressed against his heart so he could be calmed by the slow steady best. Jin loved to simply squeeze the omega tight, like he was the only one holding their sweet pup from breaking into a thousand pieces. While each alpha was different each seemed to offer something the omega needed to truly feel comforted back in the den and the arms of his pack mates.

It was nearly morning by the time Jungkook seemed fully recovered from the emotional and physical trauma of the most recent waves of his heat. Namjoon hated to break up the settling joy in his pack but he knew they needed to get the omega back if they wanted to have any hope of continued access to the boy. He nodded at Jimin who currently had the clingy pup in his arms to indicate it was time to start the bath.

While Jungkook had previously felt embarrassed when his pack mates helped him in the tub, modesty was lost in his desperation to maintain physical contact with his pack. So much so that he offered a sad pout and longing gazes until Hobi agreed to get into the tub with the small wolf, allowing him to snuggle against his chest as the others gently ran soapy hands over the omega's body.

They even got a small giggle out of the boy when the towel fell over his eyes while they were carefully drying his hair. That sound, the ring of joy, brought healing across the pack. There would still be hard times to come but their blessing of an omega could still feel happiness in their presence. It was only a matter of time until he was back and they would find ways to bring him true happiness every day.

Reluctantly Jin picked up the omega knowing they needed to head back. He could only hope they would get back to his room together as smoothly as they arrived in the den. There was no real explanation that they could possibly offer the elder council if they didn't.