Chapter 6 - Shockwave

"You should cover that up" David smirks, as he looks over Alex's shoulder who was looking at her reflection in the mirror. She quickly nods her head slightly as he moves his thumb over the bruise on her cheekbone.

"This is why you don't make me mad" David sighs, before he slowly leans towards her and places a soft kiss on her forehead.

"I'm sorry" Alex whispers.

"I know you are," David smiles.

"I'll see you later" David then says cheerfully before he turns around and leaves the bathroom. Alex turns back around and takes a deep breath as she slowly reaches down to grab her concealer to try and cover up the bruise.

***

"Dark days for Juventus, Dad" Spike begins to say, as he looks at the newspaper while sitting next to his father who was laying in a hospital bed beside him.

"Three losses in a row. Too much old in the old lady. They only scored two goals in their last four games. Maybe if they played more men back of center...?" Spike continues, looking over to his dad.

"It's about knowing where you need to be. If you take chances, everyone ends up paying. You..." his father begins to say, before he starts coughing.

"'Kay, ba" Spike quickly says, throwing the newspaper to the side and standing from the chair.

"'Kay have some water, ba...Ba. 'Kay, I'll be back in a second, okay?" Spike explains as he walks towards the door to the room.

"Nurse!" Spike shouts.

***

"Nurse says he just needs some rest. Okay?" Spike explains calmly as his mother walks up behind him in the hallway.

"He'll be better once we get him back home" he states, and his mother nods her head peeking through the door window towards her husband.

"Yeah, doctor Jamal said it should be tonight" she advises with a small smile.

"Okay, great then. All right. I got my phone. Promise me, don't mention juventus" Spike smiles, as he leans down and kisses his mother on the cheek.

"Say "bye" for me. Okay" he quickly demands as he begins to walk down the hall.

***

"Team One, fire and police are on route and will meet you at Fairbanks Tower Square" Winnie's voice says through the headset as Team One speeds through downtown in the three SUV's. Alex sits in the back of the first one as Greg drives the vehicle and Eddie sits in the passenger seat.

"Okay, team, here's what we know from the good folks at Fairbanks Tower" Greg announces.

"A suspicious package was found on the lower level of the north tower -- corner of King and Bay" Eddie begins to say, looking down at the laptop screen in front of him.

"Security guard was on patrol, sees something in a trash can he doesn't like, and he calls it in," Greg says.

"So what was the package?" Sam questions curiously, as he sits in the passenger seat of the second SUV with Jules driving.

"Blue and white vinyl gym bag. He opened it up, saw some wires, didn't go any further" Eddie explains.

"Wow, vinyl gym bags. I haven't seen one of those since high school" Raf says, sitting in the passenger seat of Spike's SUV.

"Hey, I had one of those," Spike quickly says, and they both laugh.

"Okay, guys, let's check out the package, let us know what's going on" Greg demands calmly.