Chapter 8 - Team Player

"I know this hasn't been an easy day for you, Tim," Raf says, pointing his gun up in front of him.

"No it hasn't, and it's her fault!" Eddie's voice screams as he holds Jules close to him and waves his gun around.

"Okay, but I don't think you wanna harm your wife. I don't think that's how you want this to go" Raf states and Alex smiles, as she sits on the table between Spike and Sam.

"He's already doing better then Sam did,'' Alex jokes quietly playfully pushing Sam and he slowly shakes his head, as Spike snickers.

"Alex" Greg whispers.

"Don't you tell me what to do!" Eddie yells loudly, causing his voice to echo through the briefing room.
"She's afraid, Tim.cThis can't be easy for her. You're scaring her" Raf explains, and Eddie slowly nods his head.

"I don't wanna scare her," Eddie says in a calm tone.

"'Course not, Tim. So how 'bout you let her go, and you and I, we can sit down and talk this through, okay? Just the two of us" Raf states, watching as Eddie shakes his head slowly.

"I'm worthless. I don't wanna scare her" Eddie's voice says quietly as he lets go of Jules.

"I'm with you on that, Tim. We're gonna work through this" Raf smiles.

But Eddie quickly holds the gun up to his head and pulls the trigger, causing the empty gun to reload. "Aw, come on!" Raf yells annoyed.

"See the suicide cues, Raf?" Greg then questions, as Eddie walks toward the table with the rest of the team.

"Calmness. Introspection" Raf sighs.

"Doesn't always mean cooperation, sometimes it means he's given up" Alex informs, as they all watch Raf look towards the ground.

"Come on, buddy. The first day on the job. The bridge jumper, remember?" Greg asks.

"Yeah" Raf answers.

"What else did you see?"

"He was tidying himself," Raf explains, and the team nods their heads.

"And you kept pushing him" Alex states, as Greg writes on his clipboard.

"Again" he demands, leaning towards Eddie and whispering in his ear.

"Again" Raf sighs.

***

Eddie lowers his gun and places it on the ground in front of him. "I appreciate that, Tim.

Now, I'm gonna holster my gun. And maybe we can talk about what's going on here, okay?" Raf explains, slowly bringing his gun back towards him.

"I've said my peace" Eddie whispers.

"I'd just like to hear some more, if that's okay? Just talk to me. Just tell me what happened here today" Raf says calmly.

Eddie then reaches behind him and quickly pulls out a gun and shoots the blanks towards Raf. "And... you're dead" Greg states.

"Really dead" Spike smiles as he stands behind Alex.

"You said he just had the 9-mil!" Raf says, frustrated.

"Yeah, I got it wrong" Greg says, shrugging his shoulders.

"Are you serious?!" Raf questions loudly.

"That'll happen" Greg explains, and Raf turns around with an annoyed laugh.

"Let's go again" Greg demands.

"Come on!"

"Zero for nine, Raf. You gotta step it up, buddy" Alex smiles, watching Raf pace back and forth.