Chapter 7 - The War Within

"Alex, come on! We're going to be late" Greg's voice calls as Alex quickly grabs her phone on her nightside table. She smiles, looking around at the comfort of her own bedroom. She's been back home since the bombing call, and she couldn't be happier.

"Alex!" Greg calls again, causing Alex to quickly leave her room and walk towards him in the kitchen.

"Gosh. Calm down. I'm right here" Alex laughs.

"I got your coffee" Greg smiles, handing her the travel mug from his hand.

"Perfect. Have I ever told you how much I love you" Alex jokes, and Greg shakes his head showing a small smile.

"Get out" Greg says, holding the apartment door open, watching Alex take a sip of her coffee as she walks by him.

"I love you too" he then mumbles, and she laughs again.

***

"I wouldn't do it, Raf" Sam chuckles as he watches Raf stand in front of Alex on the mat.

"Come on. I got this" Raf smiles, looking straight towards Alex.

"What are you waiting for then?" Alex smirks, as Jules and Spike walk towards the mat to watch.

"Be careful, buddy," Spike says to Raf.
"You got this, Alex" Jules shouts.

Raf then steps towards Alex and quickly grabs her arm, but before he could think about his next move, Alex slides past him and holds his arm against his back throwing him to the ground with a thud.

"Ow" Sam winces, looking towards Raf's face squished on the mat.

"I told you to be careful" Spike laughs, as Alex lets go of Raf's arm, standing back up.

"I thought you said you got this?" Alex jokes, looking down towards Raf.

"I thought I did," Raf sighs, standing up in front of her.

"Don't worry, Sam thought the same thing when he first started" Alex advises, looking towards Sam with a smile.

"Don't even" Sam warns, before he lets out a small laugh. Alex then slowly shakes her head, also laughing as she watches Raf walk towards Sam, patting him on the back.

She then reaches down to the ground and grabs her water bottle from beside the mat before standing back up ready to walk to the locker room, but stops as Spike stands in front of her. "You still got it" he smiles.

"I always will, Scarlatti" Alex states confidently.

"Would you like to give it a try?" Alex then asks, and Spike immediately shakes his head.

"I know better, Lex" Spike says, and Alex's smile grows at the sound of her nickname.

Suddenly Alex notices a woman walking with Winnie behind Spike, towards the Briefing Room. "Marina?" Alex questions quietly, causing Spike to turn around to look towards her as well.

"What is she doing here?" Spike asks, and Alex walks past him, heading closer towards the room.

"Boss?" Winnie questions, interrupting Greg from looking down at the files in front of him.

"Yeah?" Greg questions, looking towards the door of the briefing room.

"Sorry to interrupt. I got somebody here to see you" Winnie advises, stepping to the side revealing the blonde, dressed in a red blouse tucked into a long white skirt.

"Marina. I didn't expect you" Greg smiles, standing from his chair and taking a step towards her as she walks towards him. She then wraps her arms around him, pulling him in for a hug.