25.

Owen

I just had dinner, and Hayden also had some appetite to eat at least one small portion of the food I made. So, that's good. Now he's resting in the bedroom again while I sit in the living room and watch some tv. Well, I'm not really watching anything in particular right now. I just zap through every channel to see what's on.

After zapping around for a while, I suddenly recieve a new message from William. So, I put the remote down and read what he has to say, while a program on animal planet is playing in the background.

"Oh... really? Because I thought you were in that kinda relationship, cuz of the way you acted towards eachother. Then my other theory doesn't make any sense either. I was thinking that Hayden was mad because he was jealous or something like that. But I guess I was mistaken... 🫤🤷"

I'm not sure about what I'm reading, so I read the message a second time. I'm confused. Where does he get everything from?
I was actually starting to suspect that maybe William is being jealous. But Hayden?
Why would Hayden be jealous?

Wait.
It actually makes sense.
He has been acting strange ever since Monday afternoon, after taking William home with us...

Hayden

To lie here and suck on a pacifier is something I could do for the rest of my life. I don't think that i've ever been this calm before. It's like all of my problems and worries have just disappeared. They probably flew out of the window with my dignity.
No, who am I kidding?
My dignity disappeared long ago.
Oh well, what to do?

It's not like I hate it anyway. I actually  enjoy it, to be honest. Sure, I was shocked and skeptical when Mr. Nelson first showed me the pacifier, but I was quickly intrigued by it. And now here we are.

"Hey,Gwayson?" I say to my stuffed elephant and take the pacifier out of my mouth. "You are jealous of my paci, aren't you? I'm sorry that you don't have your own, but you can borrow mine if you want. Here, try it." I bring the pacifier to Grayson's mouth and hold it there for a while. He deserves to have this kinda experience, just as much as I do. He is my friend, so what I get he gets, too.

"It's good, isn't it?" I ask Grayson. "But I'm sorry, I'll take it back now." I take the pacifier away from him and into my own mouth again.
Then I take Grayson into my arms and pet him on his head. "Won't wowwy, I will buy a paci fow you soon."
I cough and close my eyes. At that moment, I hear the sound of the door opening, so I immediately open my eyes again to see Mr. Nelson entering the room.

He has a look of concern on his face.
"Are you doing okay?" he asks, and I nod.
"Wes"
His look of concern dissappeares and is instead replaced with a smile.
"That's good."
But after saying that, his face immediately changes back to a concerned, more serious expression again. He sighs and adjusts his glasses.
"Can we talk?" he asks "because there's something important I need to discuss with you."

"Otay." I say hesitant while sitting up. I'm just so confused. It's all so sudden. What can he possibly have to talk to me about that makes him act all serious? It makes me worried...