26.

Owen

I sit down on a chair in front of the bed.
"Okay, before we start, I would like you to give me the pacifier. Can you do that? " I say and hold my right hand out towards Hayden.
"Don't worry, you'll get it back when we're done. Okay? I just need you to not be distracted and that you can talk to me properly." I say calmly after seeing Hayden's scared expression. He probably thinks that I'm taking the pacifier away from him for all eternity. So, I just want to assure him that I'm not.

But Hayden does as told and hands me the pacifier without any resistance. "Thank you." I say and put it inside the pocket of my pants.
"Now, let me tell you something. You know William, the young man who stayed over the night a few days ago? He and I are... well... in an ageplay relationship. Just like the ones I already told you about, where one person is the caregiver and the other is the little. I'm telling you this because I think it's important that you know what's going on. And-"

Hayden

While listening to what Mr. Nelson is saying, I start to panic.
Why is he telling me this? And why now? What does this mean?
Is he... No! Is he gonna kick me out? Is he gonna tell me that William is moving in here and that I have to go? Is that it?
So, he really doesn't want me anymore...?

My mind is going crazy and I feel a tug on my heart. And out of nowhere, I jump onto Mr. Nelson's lap and hug him tightly while crying.
"P-please... don't do this. I promise to be a good boy. I'll do whatever you want me to. So, please... don't abandon me..."
I hiccup and bury my face into his neck.

Owen

Now I'm really worried. This is the exact same behavior as earlier today. Hayden is begging me not to leave him while crying his eyes out.
It pains me to see him like this.
I also feel guilty because he was content and happy just now with his pacifier and all, until I stormed in and disturbed his peace. Maybe this wasn't the right time to talk about this. I probably should have waited at least until the fever has gone down. Because he's clearly not in his right mind at the moment.

"Hayden... what got you so worked up, buddy?" I whisper while stroking his back.
"W-william..." he says with a shaky voice.
"What do you mean?" I ask confused.
"I... *hic* hate him..." he answers quietly.
"No, Hayden. We don't use the word 'hate'." I warn "But can you tell me why you feel that way?"

"I am your b-baby, not him..." he says with his voice now being even more childish than before, almost like he is slipping into little space again. And I can't help but melt.

"Awe... but sweetie, William is also my baby. You're both my babies and I love you both equally. Okay?"

"No..."

"Yes."

" Nuh uh."

"Yes."

"NO!" he then shouts with all his strength.

" You don't shout at daddy." I say sternly and he whines. "I know that you're upset and it's okay to be upset. But that's no reason to be mean towards me or William, or anyone. Do you understand?"

Hayden nods.

"Okay. So, are you gonna be able to share daddy with William?"

He nods once again.

"Can you look at me and please use your words?" I ask calmly.

It takes a little time, but he eventually looks up at me with his red and tearful eyes. "Wes..." 

"Good, now come here." I say and give him a bear hug.
"You are such a good boy." I praise and kiss him on his head.

After a while, I suggest that we should go and watch some tv together, and Hayden agrees to do so.
So, I stand up with Hayden in my arms and hand him Grayson. Then I walk over to the kitchen and rinse the pacifier off before putting it back into Hayden's mouth again. He sucks on it happily while I walk over to the living room and sit down on the couch with him on my lap.

As we are watching a show on nickelodeon, I pick my phone up from the coffee table and read a new text from William.

"I'm sorry for being too nosy again...😔"

"No, don't worry about it. You were actually right. So, thank you.🙂"

I send the message and don't even get to put my phone back down again before William responds.

"😁"

I smile and put the phone down. Then I readjust Hayden on my lap and hold him closer to me.

Maybe we can make this work after all.