Chapter Ten

Sith stared into a roaring fire, watching it intensively as though it were his last moments of life. His armor still remained sticky with his blood, a mix of sweet and dirt incased his body. From the looks of it he looked like a dead man, but alas he wasn't, but instead living his first moments of a new life. His wounds had been healed by one of the Queen's healing potions, and though she had been reluctant to give it to him, she did. In doing so feeding him with new found energy and life.

His mind weighed down heavily with thoughts of the wolves he fought, dark beings different from any other. They were eerie, unlike any natural creatures he had ever encountered. Their movements were silent, like shadows in the night, and their snarls and growls sounded distant, as if an echo from beyond. The fur that covered their massive forms was a deep, inky black, matted and filthy, some even bore patches of fur missing altogether, exposing grotesque, scarred flesh beneath. Their eyes, milky, consumed by a thick, unnatural fog, devoid of life or emotion.

Facing them in battle, it was as if he fought against the very essence of death itself. Their movements were jerky and unpredictable, their jaws snapped with an otherworldly hunger; and their claws were like shadowy daggers, cutting through the air with deadly precision.

Sith shivered involuntarily at the memory, unable to shake the feeling of darkness that eloped him. They were evil, twisted manifestations of something sinister, and he couldn't help but wonder what malevolent force had brought them into existence. Even more, what cruel force brought them back into existence?

Demeter, however, didn't seem phased when he had told her about the wolves, instead she asked about Onyx.

"Onyx," he muttered coldly, the name leaving a bitter taste in his mouth. "What makes her more important than the safety of this kingdom? Why is Demeter so fixated on that raven-haired girl?"

Demeter's obsession with Onyx had perplexed him. Instead of protecting her kingdom, as it was her duty, she had sent her forces on a relentless hunt for a single girl. A girl who seemed to hold some inexplicable significance in the Queen's eyes.

Sith's coal-black eyes narrowed to slits as he contemplated his next move, "Very well, I shall find Rok and that girl, and when the Queen is distracted with her prize, I will take back the Orcish throne. It is time that a true Orcish King leads our people. Not a foolish winged elf, whom has taken the throne for far too long."