𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎

Finally, we are out of the plane, and rented a car. It was a big car so we all could fit. I sit next to Chase, Taylor sits next to Levi, obviously.

Connor and Luke sit together, which was so cute. Theo and Alex next to each other. Jayden and Dylan.

Chase had a tired look on his face, making it obvious that he was still tired. "Are you tired?" I asked him quietly.

"Mhm." He mumbled. "Do you want to sleep for now and I'll wake you up when it's time to get out of the car?" I asked, trying to be helpful.

"Yeah."

I smile as he put his head on my lap, knowing by the end of this car ride my legs would be numb. I play with his hair softly.

Sometimes I really wonder what me and Chase are.

Are we friends?

No, we don't do friendly stuff.

Do we like each other?

No, he doesn't feel the same.

Are we enemies still?

It's difficult, we are becoming nicer to each other which is good,

It's so confusing.

Taylor offered me a air pod from behind me, "Thank you." I gladly take it.

Right now I'm assuming she has "Take on the world" by you me at six.

'Nobody knows you the way that I know you
Look in my eyes, I will never desert you
And just say the word
We'll take on the world'

I'm quietly humming the song softly tapping my fingers to the beat, on the seat.

I'm getting so much Delena vibes from this song, I grew up watching the vampire diaries, and it was my favorite show ever.

I rest my head on the window, it started to get dark so the sun was setting, making the sky mixed with purple pink and gold.

I'm so excited to go to France, it was my dream ever since I was little, I always thought it was the most prettiest place ever.

***

"We're almost here, I would wake him up." My mom told me, I nodded my head.

"Chase." I nudge him softly. His face is facing my stomach, as one of his arms were wrapped around my waist.

"Chase.." I nudge him again. He groaned, wrapping his arm around tighter. "Wake up.." I said again.

All of today he has been so clingy, and we aren't even together, or even friends. I don't get it at all.

"Chase, wake up."

"I'm up." He opened his eyes but didn't move, "Are you okay?" He doesn't seem it. "I'm fine, Dani. Just tired." He mumbled.

"Okay.."

"Okay, we're here!" My mom said happily, I look out the window to see a small house as I was expecting a hotel.

It was a small house, colored white with black shudders, small plant buckets by the window, as trees crowded the house.

"Get up." I told him softly trying to not sound mean. He got up after a few seconds, as we all got out of the car.

Guessing the house had 5 or more rooms.

"I'll take the master, obviously. There's 4 other rooms, you guys need to pair up with someone though." My mom told us all as we entered the house.

I'm stuck with Chase, but I didn't really mind it as I was with him the whole car, and plane ride and mainly everyday.

I go and put my bags into the room, and go back downstairs. "Can you guys go grocery shopping for me? I would do it but I'm really tired." My mom asked, taking a seat on the couch.

"Oh, sure! But someone should stay with you mama." I was looking out for her. "I'll stay with her, you guys go." Dylan offers, I knew he didn't want to go as he hates shopping.

We all get in the car, and try to find a grocery store.

Once we find one, after 20 minutes, we head inside, after getting food, I'm surprised that most the of food looked good.

After we got what we thought was good enough for at least a few days, we head to the check out. We were also glad that the cashier was English, because we understood no French, I only understood a few of it. They didn't accept American money, so before we all came to the house we had to transfer our money to euros.

Carrying the bags to the car, Me and Taylor walk behind the others a little bit. "Sooo, Chase and You." She winks at me.

"No." Is all I say. "Cmon I see the way you guys have been looking at each other. You guys look at each other like you're young and in love." She explained.

"I don't know.." I mumbled under my breath. "Don't say it. It's so obvious he feels the same, Dani. He's been attached to you like a boy who can't leave their computer." She gives me a knowing look.

"I know but, why me?" I look at my feet. "Because, you're absolutely beautiful. Seriously, I would die to look like you, babes." She gives me a side hug.

"Thank you, Tay."

"Of course. Now let's get home to Momma smith!" She skipped to the car, putting the bags in the trunk.

I sit in the back with Chase, Jayden, and Taylor. The others sat in the front, and middle.

The whole car ride home was filled of me and Taylor absolutely singing the shit out of Taylor swift, The Weeknd, and Chase Atlantic.

"Hi mama" I walked through the door placing the bags in my hands onto the counter. "Hi sweetheart."

"I'm going to make dinner! Come down when it's ready, hunny." My mom got up from the couch. "Do you want any help?" I said.

"I'm good, thanks though" She kisses my forehead before entering the kitchen.

I rush upstairs and quickly change into more comfortable clothes, my pj pants and a oversized sweatshirt that stopped at my knees.

I'm laying on the bed, on my phone when Chase comes into the room.

"Hi!" I said happily. "Hi" he mumbled back, before plopping onto the bed. "Still tired?" I said surprised because he got more than 10 hours today.

"No, just tired of Levi. He keeps talking about unicorns which I'm guessing is from Amelia." He said into the pillow, making it muffled.

I chuckle.

"Yeah, Amelia has grown some unicorns on him, for sure."

"I guess so."

"Wanna watch a movie?" I get up grabbing the remote. I had to quickly log into the Netflix account, and change the language to English.

"Sure."

He leans on the head board, spreading his legs then signals for me to sit in between them.

I sit down, my back leaning against his chest. He pulls the covers over us as he turns off the light right when the movie starts.

Feeling myself get comfortable, my eyes start to close.

____________

Guys I feel like I'm making them move to fast, so just let me know if I am.

Thanks for reading!

Thoughts?

Word count - 1183

- B.