𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒

I wake up right as the polar express is ending. I did maybe fall asleep right after the movie started. Chase is still asleep with his arms tightly wrapped around my waist.

I run my fingers through his hair, playing with it softly. His hair was extra soft today, because I may or may not have made him try a million products for his hair.

He stirs a little before opening his eyes slowly. "Hi" I whispered. "Hi, my love." He said in a raspy voice.

I smile up at him. His eyes were fluttering back shut as I kept playing with his hair. "What time is it?" He asked curiously.

"Uhm let me check." I reach over and grab my phone. 12:34am. "Its midnight." I put my phone back, as it goes on my table with a small thud.

"Oh okay, wanna go back to sleep?" He said as which I nodded my head to. We both head off back to sleep, but that only lasts for a little while.

*** Chase's pov ***

"You're a fucking murder, Chase!" My dad slurred at me. "I'm sorry."

"You killed your mom.." Dani steps back away from me. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I said I'm sorry!" I sit in a corner and bring my knees up to me chest.

Clutching onto my head, rocking softly. "Go away go away, go away!" I whispered but I go louder each time I had said it.

"How could you!" My dad harshly pulls me up, throwing me in the couch. I look at the knife in his hand.

"Do you want to do the honors?" My dad hands Dani the knife. "For sure. Let's get the murder out of here."

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to please don't" I begged. My little 7 year old self couldn't do anything more.

"Dani... please stop." I tried to stop her, she only stepped closer. "It's to late for that, Chase. We were supposed to be forever... guess not. You had to ruin it! By killing your own mother!" She wrapped her small hand around the whole knife.

She brings it right up to my face.

"Stop! Stop! Stop!"

Suddenly I jolt awake. "Chase? are you alright?" Dani jumps up confused. I wipe the beads of sweat off my forehead.

"Chase, answer me."

I couldn't answer, my throat felt tight, as if I couldn't breathe and someone was strangling me. "CHASE!" She said loudly.

I quickly look over at her. "Fuck I'm sorry, are you okay?" She apologized. She gives me a soft look before wiping a tear I didn't notice fall.

She brings me into her chest, and suddenly i break down. "Dani I haven't had one in a long time I don't know what happened." I said.

"It's okay. It's normal for them to come back."

Looking at the clock, it's 3:57am that was almost the exact time my mom died. I miss her so so much.

"More Christmas movies?" She looked down at me with a goofy grin. "Sure." I knew she was trying to get my mind off of it, I was so grateful for her.

If she wasn't here, I would have had a bad panic attack, and would've started breaking everything in sight.

It's not my moms fault, but it is me and my dads fault. Maybe if my mom never had gotten pregnant, She would still be alive.

Maybe if my dad wasn't such an asshole, my mom would still be alive. "Chase, are you okay?" Dani lifted my head with her hands, making me look at her.

"I'm okay, what movie do you wanna watch?" I switched the subject. "Hmm Elf?" She gets the remote after I nod.

Once the movie starts playing, she lays down opening her arms motioning for me to lay with her

I lay on her chest. My arms tightly wrapping around her waist. She does this a lot I'm noticing, but she tan her fingers through my hair.

I wasn't complaining, it felt really good. "What do you want to do tomorrow?" Dani asked "i know that all the others are going over Taylor's tomorrow so, we are to."

"Okay! I wonder how my little Amelia is doing," Dani loves Amelia with all her heart. It's like she's her child.

Amelia said 'if I had to pick a favorite auntie, it would be Dani' It didn't surprise me there. She was amazing with kids and always wanted to be a mother,

It's what most 17 year olds want.

Most of the time when we are watching Amelia, She insists that she takes care of her. She would change her diaper, which she only wears at nighttime, feed her, change her.

"What are you thinking about?" She placed a short, soft kiss on my forehead. "Nothing." I gave her a smile.

Suddenly I get the urge to go to the bathroom. "I'll be right back." I tell her, she nods.

Once I'm done with the bathroom, I get back on top of her, but I gently roll over so she's on top of me.

I tickle her sides and she bursts into a fit of laughter.  She cools down, and keeps her eyes locked on me.

I place a soft peck on her lips. Forgetting that it was like 4 in the morning.  "Mm I'm tired." She stretched her arms above her head.

"Then let's sleep."

She kisses me all around my face, before giving me a grin. I smile up at her. I'm so so grateful that's she's mine, nobody else's, but mine.

I do the same thing to her kissing her everywhere, her angelic giggle filled my ears. After a few seconds of us just staring at each other, she put her head in the crook of my neck.

She doesn't move for awhile, which told me she was asleep.

I kissed her forehead. "Goodnight my love." I wrap the blanket on top of us, before slowly shutting my eyes to.

_________

Shortest chapter I think I ever made...

Thanks for reading!

Thoughts?

Word count - 1015

- B.