𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏

"Dani, wake up" I felt someone nudge me.

I slowly open my eyes, I saw that instead of my back against Chase's chest, it was my stomach as my arms and legs were wrapped around him like I was a sloth.

I groan softly. "Come on your mom wants you to eat dinner." He stands up with me still on him.

I let out a surprised squeal. "Come on." He starts to walk downstairs. One of his arms are under my butt, and the other is around my waist.

I just rest my head on his shoulder. "What did you make mama." Chase turns around so I'm facing mom.

"I made pasta!" She said, putting scoops of pasta in everyones bowl. "Ooo"

"Yes, now go sit at the table!" She shoo's us out of the kitchen. Chase let's me down as I take a seat next to Taylor.

"Chase doesn't feel the same way my ass." Taylor mumbled at me, "What?" I pretended as if I couldn't hear her.

"Nothing!" She said with a smile.

My mom placed the bowls of pasta in front of us, as we start to dig in. I groan in delight as I take a bite of the tasty pasta.

"This is so good, mom."

"Thank you, sweetie." She kissed my head, before taking a seat at the end of the table. As everyone falls into their own chatter, Taylor whispered something in my ear.

"You should admit your feelings for Chase, tonight." She said. "Who said I had feelings for him?" I whispered back.

"All the times you said, 'what if he doesn't feel that same'" She smirked. "Oh." I honestly had no clue that I was exposing my feelings for him by saying that.

I don't want to ruin my friendship is Chase, What if he rejects me. Then it's just going to be straight up awkward.

"Yeah. But I'm pretty sure he likes you back to. Friends don't do the things you guys do. He literally carried you to the kitchen." She winked.

"Yeah... but what if he's just trying to be nice." I worry. "He's not, babes." She said in a serious tone.

"I'm not doing it. It's just.." I try to make an excuse. There was no reason on why I couldn't do it.. i was just nervous.

"There's no reason for you not to, I know you've liked him ever since you met, that was maybe 15 years ago?" She questions.

"Yeah."

"Okay, not to mention he's overly nice to you. Just you. You don't see him being that nice to the others, do you?." She raised a brow, or at least tried to but failed, and raised both her eyebrows.

"No..." Shes just proving every single point right now, isn't she?

"Exactly, Dani. The feeling of you both is mutual. It's so obvious you both like each other, you guys seem like two lost puppies in love. And it's driving me crazy that you guys just deny your feelings. I want you happy, babe. Matt wasn't the good guy for your first relationship, we all know that. But we all also know Chase can treat you 100 times better." She said, which in meaning Levi heard.

"Amen to that" Levi whispers.

"Usually I'd be mad that you like my best friend, but it's Chase, he's liked you for ages, lil sis. And I know you like him to. Honestly I say go for it."

Why are they both bugging me about it.

"Okay okay. Not today though." I know if I didn't do it today they would soon forget, I'm just nervous of everything.

What if he rejects me? That would make our friend group fall apart. What if he turns out like Matt?.

You never know.