2

it's the morning after i arrived in michigan. i still want to know who the neighbors are im so curious. i got up, got changed and did my skincare.

i wore a white cropped shirt with sage green sweatpants and some air forces.

i said good morning to my family and i went in my car and drove to a cute café.

i parked and got in line. in front of me was three guys who looked pretty alike. one thing that stood out to me was that they were all so hot.

you bet im on my hands and knees for them. IM JOKING!! maybe.. but anyways! they were taking so long to order until the best looking one of the trio spoke up, "hey miss, if you want to go in front of us you can. sorry were taking so long." i gave a friendly smile, "thank you...."

"jack, jack hughes."

"thank you jack hughes" i said sliding in front of them in line.

"hi can i get a large strawberry lemonade with raspberry syrup?"

"of course... anything else?"

"can i also get a cinnamon raisin bagel?"

"sure thing, can i have a name for the order?"

"avery" i replied. "okay, your total today is $7.98" i inserted my card, "thank you have a nice day!" she said.

—————

after what felt like A MILLION years waiting for my drink and bagel they finally called my name.

i noticed the trio looking at me as i sat at a table for two next to a wall with a bunch of windows. i didn't think anything of it, so i opened my phone and clicked on instagram.

•99+ notifications•

i giggled a little knowing my older brother was definitely spamming my dms.

issac stanger 🏒
——————————

AVE
AVES
AVERYY
ARE YOU THERE
ARE YOU OKAY
GIRL ARE YOU ALIVE
PLEASE TELL ME YOU GOT
THERE SAFE😰
BITCH ANSWER
PLEASE I BEG 🙏
AVERY ELISE STANGER
ANSWER ME NOW. 😔
delivered 8:13pm

ISSAC IM ALIVE
IM ALIVE DONT WORRY HUN!!😚
WOW NOW YOU WONT ANSWER ME
hoebag 😒
delivered 9:34am

—————

after i was done replying to my brother and all my friends i decided to look up around the cafe when i noticed 3 pairs of eyes on me. all very beautiful.

the pair that stood out to me was a pair of beautiful, ocean blue eyes. the same as the guy who spoke up in line. the trio started to approach me then one spoke up,

"hey if you don't mind me asking, does anyone in your family play hockey?" one with beautiful light brown curls asked me.

"uh yeah, my brother plays for the ducks, isaac stanger. why?"

"I KNEW IT" jack said.

"knew what?"

"oh my god i'm so sorry i didn't make myself clear. my best friend trevor zegras plays on the ducks.."

why is he acting like i don't know trevor.. "i've played your brother before and me and him are actually friends. i thought you looked similar so i wanted to ask." he said very quickly.

the only thing i couldn't get over is that he said he played him.

"i actually have a question for you jack." i stated. he looked surprised almost like he thought i would forget his name."

"what's your question?"

"do you play in the nhl?" i asked.

"yes i actually do, i play for the new jersey devils" he pointed to the one with curly hair, "my brother, luke, plays with me." then pointed to the person to his right, "my brother, quinn, plays for the vancouver canucks."

in the back of my mind i thought i recognized them from somewhere, but i didn't know where. "i've heard of you guys before, aren't you like really good?"

"i mean you could say that" luke said with sass. "hey um...."

"avery, avery stanger."  jack gave a sigh of relief. "avery, you seem really cool, do you wanna hang out with us sometime?" jack stated raising an eyebrow. me and quinn saw him and gave each other a shit-eating grin then laughed really hard.

jack stopped after he noticed what he did.

luke was just eating his cookie looking around like we were a bunch of crazy people.

"yeah sure do you want my insta? or my snap? whichever one is easier for you." i said with a smile.

"umm insta would be easy." i looked up his name in insta. when i found his account i followed it. "there you go jack."

"thanks avery. also sorry if this is really weird we don't really talk to anyone else except the people we play hockey with." jack said with rosy cheeks.

it made me giggle a little. and maybe gave me some butterflies. "have a nice day guys!" i said walking out with my lemonade.

—————

i arrived home and was lying in my bed, when i got a notification

• jack_hughes86 has followed you •

so maybe i ended up stalking his insta for a solid 30 minutes. i couldn't help myself. he's so handsome.

A/N: I DONT LIKE THIS CHAPTER BUT ITS LIKE THE MOST IMPORTANT
ONE IN THE STORY.. LOVE YA!! 🙇‍♀️