5

i was woken up by alex shaking me in my bed. "AVERY. AVERYY. AVERY ELISE WAKE THE FUCK UP!" he shouted in my ear.

"what the hell do you want i was getting my beauty sleep."

"get dressed your getting breakfast with me." he said.

"okay, okay, fine. but get the fuck out i need privacy!"  i said pushing him outside my room.

i was going to wear white washed jean shorts and my billabong pink tshirt with my platform converse. i walked into my bathroom took of my off pjs and got into the shower.

i love taking showers, especially hot ones. they just make me feel so relaxed.

i got out of my shower, brushed my teeth, brushed my hair and did my makeup. i put on my holy grail, telescopic. i could never live without that mascara.

after i finished my makeup i walked into my bedroom so i could change into my clothes. as i was putting on my socks, my cat hickory jumped on my bed.

"hey hickory." i said petting him. he was purring really loud. ive had hickory for 2 years. we found him in our backyard in virginia without a collar, or any family. we claimed him, and trained him ever since that weekend. 

after a couple minutes of me petting him he eventually fell asleep. i didn't want to wake him up so i just left him there. when i was walking downstairs i saw my brother talking to someone at the door. i tried to overhear his conversation.

"so she doesn't like rollercoasters?"

"no, she doesn't so don't take her on any."

"ok, thanks alex."

"bye jack"

keyword: tried. i didn't hear a thing. i just saw someone who was maybe 5'10 at the door. the bad thing was, i don't know anyone's height, but my own.

"hey alex, are you ready to go?" i asked. "yeah, ive been ready slow poke." we walked to my car, "no avery. my idea, i drive." alex said as i was headed towards the drivers side.

i happily accepted. after we both got in, i put on my "fav songs atm" playlist that changes like 100 times a week. "See You Again (feat. Kali Uchis) by Tyler, The Creator " started playing.

i was singing the lala's and he was singing the ok's.

after 10 minutes we finally arrived at "Avenue Brunch House" which is supposed to be one of the best brunch places in michigan. we both got out of my car and headed inside.

"hi, how may i help you two today?" the hostess asked. "we just need a table for two." i replied. "okay... i have a table for you. follow my colleague please."

"thank you!" i said with a smile. we sat down at a nice table in the corner with windows next to it.

"okay avery, i have to ask you something." he asked. "what's up?"

"well, it's not really a question.. it's more a statement." he continued, "i see the way you look at jack. do you like him?"

"no i don't alex." maybe a little, i mean who couldn't love those beautiful blue eyes and perfect hair and funny personality. "i mean he's cute but i don't like him like that."

"are you sure ave?" he said. "yes, i'm sure."

—————

we ordered, ate our food, and talked some more. "hey alex should we go? it's 1:35." i asked. "yeah, oh shit i forgot we have to go the boardwalk with the hughes's tonight."

"oh i forgot too." girl you know damn well you didn't. you have been waiting for this all day. you went to sleep at 2:00 am because you were so excited. "avery? are you there avery?" alex said snapping in my face.

"hm? oh yeah i'm good."

"sure ave.." he said looking at me weirdly.

we hopped in the car, "can i play my playlist?" i asked. "of course aves, it's your car." i smiled and put on my "💗" playlist. which is basically all my favorite songs.

i clicked it and "Dress" by taylor swift started playing. i love dress. it's my all time favorite song. since i played it so much, alex knew every word.

—————

we arrived home at about 3 after stopping at the grocery store to pick up some stuff. "help me bring in bags, hamilton!" i called out as he walked inside.

i groaned, as i was going to have to take all 7 bags inside on my own. "hey avery! do you need help?" i turned, and saw jack. "that would help a ton, thanks." he ran over.

he looked like a greek god when he was running. that compression shirt and shorts really benefitted him.

jack carried 3:bags, and i carried 4. i opened the door with my free hand, and we made our way to the kitchen.

walking into the kitchen, i walked past the living room and saw 4 people. i recognized my mom and dad, but not the other two.

"mom and dad? what are you doing here?" jack asked looking as confused as me. "oh sweetie, we just came over to have some drinks with the new neighbors. i didn't know you already met them!" jacks mom said.

"well.." jack was saying, until my dad cut him off. "we actually haven't met your sons yet ellen."

"oh! i didn't realize. well, andy and angelica, this is my second son, jack." she said. my dad stood up and walked over to him.

"good to meet you jack!" my dad said with a toothy grin as he held out his hand. "nice to meet you too, mr stanger."

"jack, call me andy." he claimed. "okay andy." jack said.

there was an uncomfortable silence for a couple seconds. i always get anxiety when it happens. i started fidgeting with my fingers.

jack noticed and rubbed my lower back. i was stiff at first, but felt comforted immediately after. i mouthed "thank you" to him. "no problem" he mouthed back with a smile on his face.

jack cleared his throat to break the silence, "well, i'm just going to put these in the kitchen then go back to my house." he said to me, but said it loudly enough so that everyone knew.

he gave my back a little push as he was letting go, basically telling me to lead the way.

"i just want to thank you back there, when there's a silence like that, my anxiety always gets really bad." i exclaimed. "no, it's okay. i've dealt with a situation like that since quinn has anxiety too," jack continued "i just don't rub his back." he said with a little giggle.

god,the way he laughed was so cute. i gave him a smile in return. we made our way to the kitchen and he set the bags down on the counter.

i thought it would be a good time to do it, so i pulled him towards me and hugged him. i could feel his heart racing fast. but slowed down as he hugged me back.

we hugged for a solid 30 seconds when we both pulled away. i dont know if that was just me, but i definitely just felt a spark.

jack pov:
i dont know if that was just me, but i definitely just felt a spark.

a/n: hope yall like this chapter !!  love ya 🙇‍♀️