21

i woke up and felt definitely hungover. i went to throw a sweatshirt overtop of my pajamas when i saw, his.

i looked away and threw on a big islanders stanley cup final sweatshirt instead. i walked downstairs and felt eyes on me. i looked back at all of them.

when i mean't all of them, i mean't alex, isaac, and scarlet. my parents were upstairs, so thank god they didn't know the situation i was in.

"it's rude to stare." i said opening the fridge. "we are all so sorry that happened to you." isaac spoke up. "it's not your fault. only maddie and jack's."

i put a ham and swiss croissant into the microwave and started it. "still we feel bad." isaac continued. "i am especially sorry. it was my idea for us to go to the club that night." scarlet said.

"it's not anyone in this houses fault, okay? and does anyone know if maddie left?" i asked. they all nodded and my croissant was done in the microwave.

i picked it up and put it on a plate, "good." i walked upstairs and sat on my bed. i turned on my tv and watched the summer i turned pretty.

i was watching until i had an idea, of how to get revenge. i called trevor.

"hey avery!" he said.

"hi trevor, i need to ask you something." i asked him, "yeah, what's up?"

"okay so, i want to make jack jealous by pretending to be with you. i just want you to act like you like me and ill act like i like you. i just want him to feel like shit for what he did." i said.

trevor went silent for a little, trying to process what i said. "okay sure. when should we start?" he said.

i grinned at my phone, "whenever the group hangs out next. we could probably do bowling tonight and then it will start." i recommend.

"sure, i'll text the group chat and i'll give you the details." he said to me.

"okay thank youuuu. love you trevor, bye byeee!" i giggled, "love you toooooo! i hope you get better, just don't think about him too much!" i hung up and finished eating my croissant.

i got undressed and threw on a pink bikini and got isaac's tshirt and threw in it on overtop. i slid on my birkenstocks and applied some sunscreen and headed downstairs.

i went outside and headed towards my dock and picked up a float that i can sit on. i set it down on top of the water, take my shirt off and put on some sunglasses that were set on the dock from yesterday.

i let my head lean into the float and look around the lake. my eyes drift to the dock to my right, when i see luke and jack on the edge.

i immediately turn my head away not wanting to deal with that right now. i open my phone and decide to take a photo. i set my phone up on a pole and set a timer.

i look at the photo and think its really cute. i post it as a story on instagram and go back to relaxing.