Chapter 24

I re-installed Twitter. I would love it you'd go give it a follow since I will try and update a lot on my writing there. (sof_tomlinson28)

- - - 

Louis woke up with his face in Harry's armpit, which, no matter how much he loved the man, was not the most pleasant thing. He opened his eyes, quickly moving his head to on top of Harry's bare chest instead.

Harry yawned in his sleep, an arm automatically coming to rest around Louis' shoulders, pulling him closer.

Louis smiled softly, mumbling, "Haz, we need to get up. It's party day."

Harry grumbled in his sleep, his eyes softly fluttering open. He looked down at Louis drowsily, and this might be how Louis loved seeing him the most. So bare, his eyes filled with warmth as he took the world around himself in. And Louis. His eyes took in Louis, his smile becoming wider by the second.

Louis' face made Harry smile.

Grinning, Louis propped himself up on his elbow. He propped Harry in the ribs. "Wakey wakey, lover boy. Today is the big day."

Harry stretched his limbs. "I'm ready." He yawned.

Louis raised an eyebrow. "Clearly."

"I sense sarcasm."

"Congratulations."

"Still sensing it," Harry said, scowling in a way that should not be that cute but somehow was. Maybe it was just the Harry effect.

Louis sat up in bed, just as he heard someone walk past out in the hallway. It must have been either Liam or Zayn since they had been sleeping in the guest room. He heard as the door to, what Louis had once considered his bathroom, got opened, and then closed.

He turned his attention back to Harry. "Up, shower, breakfast, get the last shit ready. At twelve this place will be filled with people."

"Yes, sir."

* * *

After breakfast, they went to work. Harry began to set up the grill. Everyone would be bringing their own meat to eat, and then some side dish—salad and so on—that everyone was allowed to eat from. In exchange, there would be free drinks all day, and Harry would do the grilling.

Niall, Jacob, and Zayn went to do their normal duties of feeding the animals and milking the cows.

Louis began the work of brushing all the horses, that somehow, even though they had been bathed the day prior, all had gotten stains on them. Louis also decided to braid their manes, and he had to admit he liked the results.

Amelia, Conny, and Liam went to work cleaning the guest toilet, and finally, once the clock had struck twelve, the first car came driving up the driveway. It parked next to the horses' field, and seconds later, two girls with ponytails jumped out. They giggled, running to the front seat where a man now stepped out.

Louis was standing by the horse stable, Harry next to him. But now Harry left his side, walking over to the man.

"Gerald!" he greeted, holding his hand out to shake the man's hand. "Long time no see."

Did Harry, Louis wondered, know everyone in town?

The answer was probably yes because Harry was talented that way.

"Harry," the man, Gerald, said. "It was quite a surprise to see the invite, but a good one. We have missed these parties, and I have always wanted to bring the girls to one."