[𝐎𝐍𝐄]

𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 months since I had the vision of the alpha and four months since we arrived in Beacon Hills. 

We are now living in a nice apartment building in town but spend most of our time in an abandoned bank on the outskirts of Beacon Hills. I guess you could call it our lair of sorts.

Right after we arrived here, Kali and Ennis brought in three hostages. Two girls and a boy. They said they're in the alphas pack so we need them as leverage. 

    "Wren, you're not concentrating," Deucalion says from his position on the floor next to me. The marble flooring here is even more uncomfortable than the wooden flooring.

    "Yes I am," I disagree as I keep my eyes closed and let out a small breath.

    "I think you're forgetting I can hear your heartbeat." 

I sigh before opening my eyes. Stupid werewolf hearing.

    "I'm fourteen years old, turning fifteen soon and I've never even been to school before," I huff.

     "I thought Kali was tutoring you," Deucalion questions.

     "It's not the same! Kali always lashes out at me and she hardly has time to tutor me these days anyways," I complain. 

Kali has made it very clear that she doesn't like me and will continuously remind me of that fact by 'training' me in hand-to-hand combat. A.k.a her excuse to beat me up.

    "You want to go to high-school," Deucalion concludes. I nod a few times.

    "The new school year starts tomorrow… and I may have already signed up," I mumble the last part but Deucalion hears it anyway thanks to his werewolf hearing.

    "Ethan and Aidan will go as well. May as well have them keep an eye on you and the other werewolves while we're here," Deucalion says after a moment.

A small smile breaks across my face.

    "Now, back to meditating."

~~~

After a couple of hours, I manage to escape the tedious task of sitting still with a clear mind, as I head towards the vault.

For the past while, I've been sneaking down there as often as I can to bring the teens food. Looking both ways to make sure nobody is watching, I quickly open the vault door and step into the dimly lit room. 

I walk towards the hunched over figures in the corner of the room and kneel beside them, passing out a bottle of water and a couple of cold savoury pies that I managed to grab. 

The three teens barely acknowledge me as they tear into the food, demolishing it in moments.

Brushing off my jeans as I stand up, I start to leave the room but stop when I hear a small moan of pain. I quickly turn back around toward the teens to see the girl with wavy blonde hair clutching her stomach.

    "Hey, are you o…?"  I start to ask her in concern but am abruptly cut off as she jumps up, her chains falling loose and her eyes glowing dangerously.

She flicks out her claws as she starts to advance on me but I quickly take a few steps back.

Letting out a low growl, she launches herself at me, tackling me to the ground. I let out a cough as the air is pushed from my lungs by the impact of the fall.

    "Erika, stop!" The boy yells, pulling against his chains.

The girl, Erika, doesn't listen as she snarls again and slashes her claws at my neck. I quickly roll out of the way but not in time as she still manages to nick the side of my neck. I gasp at the stinging pain as I clutch my hand over the wound.