[𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗]

𝐈 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐋𝐘 at the white tile wall before me, the scalding hot water burning as it runs down my skin but I don’t flinch. The pain keeps me awake, preventing me from falling into a stupor like I want to, to lay in bed all day and not move an inch. 

But I can’t. Stiles is still dying and the Nogitsune is still out there. Weakened, but still a threat. 

I reach out my hand, stopping the flow of water before stepping out into the cold, moist air, quickly wrapping a towel around myself before walking over to the mirror and wiping away the steam. 

Tired eyes stare back at me, deep bags under my eyes and my skin pale while my dark wet hair lays limply around my face. I couldn’t fall asleep last night, the shock and adrenaline still wearing off. I simply stared up at my ceiling all night. For the first time in about a week I didn’t sleep at Allison’s apartment.

The twins are still healing at Derek’s loft. I tried to visit them last night but Derek told me not to, that all of us needed our rest. 

I pull on a plain grey t-shirt and a pair of jeans after I’ve dried my hair with a towel. Pulling on one of Aiden’s hoodies and my shoes, I grab my phone from my bedside, brushing over the multiple missed messages from Mason and Nolan wondering why I didn't show up for school. 

I scroll down further, my heart skipping a beat when I notice the several voice messages I have, dated two days ago from Allison. I quickly turn off my phone and grab my keys before leaving the apartment, a cold breeze blowing as I walk to Derek’s loft. 

I take a deep breath in as I arrive outside of Derek’s building. This is the last place I was with Allison. I shove my hands into my pockets as I slowly climb up the flights of stairs before stopping at Derek’s door and sliding it open enough to enter.

I quickly scan the room, spotting the twins sitting on the couch as they talk with Derek, looking much better since the last time I saw them. I walk over to them, taking a seat on the couch beside Aiden who puts his arm around me. 

    “How are you doing?” he questions, Derek having obviously filled them in on what happened last night. I shrug my shoulders lightly. 

    “I’m just glad you guys are doing better.” 

    “Should be fine in a couple of hours - unless whoever shot you manages to find you again,” Derek comments. 

    “Lydia’s with Scott. We need to go,” Aiden speaks up.

    “You’re gonna try to convince her to go with you?” Derek questions. My head whips to look at the twins, this being the first time hearing of them wanting to leave.

    “What?” I mutter, my brows furrowing. 

    “I'm gonna try and convince her to run and hide, like any sane person would do,” Aiden answers, not meeting my gaze. 

    “And Danny?” Derek directs his question to Ethan.

    “Allison’s dead,” I flinch at his words, “Stiles is dying. What do you think?”

    “I think Danny won’t believe you. And Lydia would never run and hide,” Derek retorts. 

    “Because of Stiles?” Aiden questions bitterly. There’s no denying he has a thing for Lydia.

    “Because of Scott,” Derek corrects, crossing his arms, “You've been trying to find a way into his pack. Trying to earn his trust. Trying to fight for him. You've had it wrong this whole time. You don't fight for a leader-- you fight for a leader's cause.”