[𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄]

𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒 𝐅𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐄𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐃 my closed eyelids as I slowly become conscious again. The feeling slowly returns to my heavy limbs as I hear the murmuring of hushed whispers.

Before long, I'm able to slowly peel my eyelids open, flinching away from the harsh light. I blink a few times to grow accustomed to the light before flickering my eyes back and forth to get an idea of my surroundings.

I'm laying on something uncomfortable, a metal table perhaps, causing my back to ache. The room is small and I notice a window near the ceiling to my left and shelves with vials and jars to my right.

The sounds of the voices grow louder and are followed by footsteps.

    "Why can't we tell Deucalion?" I hear someone question. Aidan.

    "He doesn't understand. It was making her sick, killing her! He didn't care as long as she was more powerful," Ethan hisses in reply. I furrow my eyebrows at his words. Surely Deucalion didn't know Wolfsbane would have that effect on me, though.

    "She was becoming a better asset to the pack."

    "I can't believe you're siding with them Aidan! She's not an asset, she's a kid." Ethan's voice is growing angrier.

    "She's a clairvoyant, her only purpose is to tell the future. Since when did you get so attached to her?" I hear the sound of a punch being thrown and some curses before a door slams shut.

I slowly sit up, pushing my elbows beneath me as a grumbling Ethan enters the room, holding his clenched fist with his hand.

    "What happened?" I question, ignoring the fact that I overheard their entire conversation. Ethan's eyes light up as he sees me and walks over to my side.

    "When did you wake up?" He questions. I shrug my shoulders.

    "Just now. How long was I out for? And where are we?" I ask curiously.

    "Well it's 10 am now so you were out for about 12 hours and we're at the vet clinic. You collapsed at the hospital so Aidan and I brought you here," Ethan explains. I quirk an eyebrow and tilt my head.

    "You brought me to a vet clinic?"

    "I believe you will find that this is a very specialised Vet clinic." I look over to the door to see a dark skinned man enter wearing a white coat as his brown eyes calmly observe me.

    "My name is Alan Deaton," he introduces himself as he walks up to me and gently grasps my wrist, checking my pulse rate. I watch him carefully.

    "Are you a druid or emissary or…?" I trail off, trying to figure him out. He chuckles and shakes his head slightly as he walks over to the side of the room, grabbing a vial with a clear substance before returning to my side.

    "No, I'm just a veterinarian. Drink this, it'll help you to recover faster." He passes me the vial which I uncap and hesitantly sniff it before swallowing down the tasteless liquid.

    "How's Danny? Is he okay?" I question with concern as I turn back to Ethan.

    "He's better now, still recovering at the hospital," Ethan answers, "speaking of which, I need to go to school now; Danny asked me to take notes for him." 

I nod and bid Ethan goodbye before Mr. Deaton walks to the front with him, seeing him out before returning to me.

    "So how do you know so much about the supernatural?" I question curiously as I sit up fully, turning so that my feet are dangling off the side of the table.