[𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍]

𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐅 𝐀𝐍 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑 I step out of the shower, a soft towel wrapped around me and my hair untangled as the dark wet locks fall down past my shoulders.

Derek, Scott and Stiles left with Jennifer to go to the hospital and check on Cora. I decided to stay behind seeing as I won't be much help to them anyways.

I wipe the condensation from the mirror, faintly tracing the puckered red skin on my shoulder lined with a small row of neat black stitches.

I'm surprised Derek did such a good job on them, considering he has increased healing and has probably never done stitches before.

I turn around, grabbing the small pile of clothes Derek let me borrow from Cora's closet. 

I slip on my underwear and bra before getting into a pair of light coloured jeans that are slightly too big around the waist and a loose white t-shirt.

Cora is also taller than me so I roll up the edges of the jeans to fit.

Once I'm dressed, I grab the roll of bandage from the counter of the basin and start to carefully re-bandage my shoulder, wrists, neck and a few gashes on my ankles. 

It takes me about 8 minutes, the one on my shoulder being particularly hard due to its uncomfortable positioning but I finally manage to get it in place.

I walk into the living area and look out the large windows to see as the sun has set it has grown stormy, the strong winds causing the windows to rattle distinctly.

I take a seat on the sofa, biting my nails nervously. I hope everyone's alright at the hospital.

~~~

I jolt up from the sofa at a loud sound. Rubbing my eyes, I realise I must've fallen asleep at one point. I slowly stand up, my body aching slightly and the stitches in my shoulder pulling uncomfortably. 

At the sound of hushed whispers, I walk around the corner to see Derek and another man slightly older than him and wearing a grey v-neck shirt. That must be his uncle, Peter. 

    “How is she?” I speak up as I walk up to them, referring to Cora who is currently unconscious as she lays in the bed before us. 

    “Who are you?” Peter questions as he observes me, quirking an eyebrow curiously.

    “She’s Wren. A friend of Scott and Stiles,” Derek answers for me without removing his eyes from Cora who is growing progressively more pale. 

I pull my gaze away from her as my phone buzzes in my back pocket. Scott found it outside the vet clinic earlier and returned it to me. 

I unlock it and take a glance at the message from Ethan.

Fav Twin

You have to get back to the loft. Deucalion needs to speak with you.

I furrow my brows slightly before quickly shoving my phone back into my pocket. 

    “Thank you so much for your help Derek but I have to get going now,” I thank him. He nods wordlessly and offers me a half smile. 

    “No problem, kid.” I glance at Peter one last time before grabbing my jacket and heading for the door. Maybe it’s just the V-neck but something about him sends a shiver down my spine. 

~~~

I push open the door to the loft and walk inside, quietly closing the door behind me. I release an airy breath as the cold air evokes a shiver to run up my spine. Can we not afford to pay the heating bill now?