[𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄]

𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐖𝐎 days since I've started school at Beacon Hills High and so far I've been drowning in assignments and homework in-between practising my abilities with Deucalion.

The full moon is tonight and I suspect Deucalion is planning something with the werewolves locked in the vault but neither he nor the others have told me anything about it; Deucalion just says I need to focus on my abilities.

I quietly walk down the steps into the vault, a small paper bag of food in one hand and my backpack in the other.

School starts in just over an hour so I thought I'd bring some food down to the kids.

The boy, Boyd, snarls as I enter, his eyes glowing a bright orange. The memory of what happened with Erika is still fresh in my mind as I carefully place the bag down and push it towards the two werewolves before taking a few quick steps back.

    "Why are you doing this?" The girl whispers quietly, so quietly I almost don't hear her.

    "Doing what?" I question in confusion, grasping my school bag tightly on my nervous hands.

    "Giving us food; being nice to us," the girl clarifies. I shrug my shoulders lightly.

    "I just thought it might help," I mutter before whipping my head around at the sound of footsteps outside the vault door.

    "I need to go," I mumble before scrambling out of the vault to be greeted with Ethan.

    "What were you doing in there?" He questions. 

    "Uh, nothing. Are you ready to head out for school?" I avoid his question. He narrows his eyes slightly, probably listening to my nervous heartbeat, before nodding and moving aside so that we can leave the bank.

~~~

I rest my head in my arms as I listen to Ms. Blake droning on about the uses of language in the book we are currently analysing. 

The windows have been boarded up since the whole crow incident while the school waits for replacement glass to be installed.

English has officially become my least favourite class. There's just something about Ms. Blake that is so…I don't know, just off.

I swear I sometimes catch her staring at me weirdly, like she knows something.

I turn my gaze down to my notebook and write down a few notes before the words start to become hazy. I blink a few times in an attempt to clear my vision but it doesn't work. 

A cold, familiar sensation flows through my veins and my fists subconsciously tighten as my heart rate increases. The sound of Ms. Blake slowly fades as darkness overtakes my vision.

~~~

I'm standing in a dark forest, leaves crunching under my feet as I take a few steps forward.

    "Hello?" I call out, my voice wavering slightly as a strong wind howls through the foliage. The full moon illuminates the path in front of me as I continue to walk towards a bright light.

I put a hand in front of my eyes and wince away as the light grows stronger the further I walk. The trees sway back and forth as I break into a sprint, fumbling through the undergrowth before I break through into a small clearing.

Letting out huffed breaths, I take a few steps back before the back of my legs bump into something. Whipping around, my eyes widen in shock and my hand comes up to my mouth to cover my startling scream.