Chapter One: Natsu is acting funny

"Natsu, Its time to go get Lucy!" Happy yelled through our small house that we had always shared.

"Yeah, I'm coming!" I grinned happily.

I snatched my scarf off the foot of the bed and ran through the open front door, Happy shutting it after me. I darted down the empty street with Happy trailing closely behind, hovering a few feet off the ground.

At the rate we were going, it took merely a few minutes. We arrived at a nice looking dark orange apartment in between two larger houses.

I strolled up to her front door, reaching for the knob. But then I stopped myself, hesitating wasn't something I normally did.

Honestly I began to wonder why I had always just barged into Lucy's house in the first place. I knew she wasn't very found of me doing it. She did always yell at me. I really don't want her to hate me.

Oh god no. What if she does hate me?

"Natsu, what's the matter? Just go in!" Happy spoke a slight hint of concern in his small high pitched voice.

I didn't answer my favorite flying blue cat, even though I only slightly wanted to tell him why I was suddenly having all these doubts in my mind.

I shook it off and brought my hand up and knocked twice, loud enough for her to hear it all through the house.

Happy looked at me, I could tell he was very confused. Even though he has been my best friend for years, I knew what was going on inside my head was nothing he could help with. So I decided it was best to keep it to myself.

A pretty young blonde girl opened the door, when her eyes landed on me and they widened in what seemed like shock.

"Natsu?" She questioned.

I grinned widely at her, attempting to hide all my frantic thoughts from reaching my facial expression. "Hiya ,Lucy!"

"Is...there something wrong?" She asked in a worried tone.

I felt my heart drop slightly. Maybe she didn't want to see me.

I shook my head in denial. "No, why would there be?"

She moved out of the way to let us in. I brushed past her as I normally would, hoping she wouldn't delve deeper into the subject of things being wrong. To be honest I wasn't really sure what was wrong myself. But I did know there was something. It had to do with Lucy.

"Well, on any normal day you would just show up in my bedroom waiting for me to wake up. Or sit in my living room waiting for me to notice you are here. You knocked, that's not something you've ever done." She tilted her head in question.

I felt my heart beat harder as I looked at her. She was still in her nightgown which came down to her knees. Her golden hair was put up in two messy pigtails as if she had put them up last night then slept on them and the sunlight from the window shown on her big brown eyes making them twinkle.

The way she looked just did something to me. Made me feel a certain way that I had never been able to really place, ever since the day I met her.

I turned my head, looking away as I felt my face getting hot hoping she wouldn't see. "Well, I didn't want to get kicked in the face just yet so I decided to knock." I replied, brushing it off with an annoyed tone.

I looked back a Lucy. "Well, are you ready to head over to Fairy Tail?"

Clearly she wasn't but I wanted to get off the topic as quick as possible before I got to the point of being completely speechless.

"Um, let me get dressed and we will head right out." She nodded before scurrying back to her room and shutting the door behind her.

"Natsu, are you alright?" Happy questioned me after Lucy was out of hearing range.