Chapter Five: Breaking news.

* Lucy's Pov*

 I walked along the road, the beautiful city road.  The small blue haired girl strolling along next to me as we inched closer the our final hours here in the marvelous town.

I promised Wendy that I would come with her on a mission she wanted to do. Leaving Natsu and Happy behind even though they wanted to go more than anything.

The mission was simple. Easy enough for Wendy to do on her own. But she wanted company so I promised i'd go with her. 

It was a lovely day in the small town, the streets were filled with people buying and selling all sorts of things. 

"Lucy, what do you think that are doing at the guild right now?" Wendy asked as she skipped around next to me.

"I'm sot sure. I bet its lively though. It always is! I bet Natsu has already picked a fight with Gray." I smiled brightly.

"Why do those two fight so much?" Wendy asked, raising her eyebrow.

"Don't let them fool you. Those two are best friends, but I guess its just because fire and ice weren't meant to mix." I replied.

"So how long have you and Natsu been all Lovey dovey?!" Wendy asked giving me that look that I dreaded.

I was really hoping she wouldn't ask. We went the entire mission without discussing what was going on with Natsu and I. Personally, It weirded me out to have people asking about my love life.

Considering, well, this would be the first time I've had one. I've never had a "crush" before now. The thought of one always made me sad because I knew no one would ever have the same feelings for me.

To find Natsu and have him feel the same way was a big step for me. I wasn't sure how to do the whole relationship thing either. I'm very new at all this, it kinda freaks me out really.

"We aren't all lovey dovey." Was all I could say to the child. I knew my face was turning red so I tried to hide it by looking the other direction.

"Oh come on, Lucy! You two kiss in the middle of the guild whenever you dont go home or on a mission together!" I could tell Wendy was smiling from ear to ear just by her tone of voice.

"It was about a month ago when I got sick and went home, Natsu made me some soup and brought it over. That's when we told each other. When I found out he felt the same way I did about him." I answered.

"How long have you felt that way about him?" Wendy asked.

I paused for a moment, trying to think back to the first time Natsu made my heart completely stop.

"I realized it when the guild was attacked by Juvia and Gajeel's old guild, Phantom Lord. I was up in a high tower, locked in a cell. The entire time all I could think of was, what if I never see Natsu again? Then when I jumped out of the tower he was there to save me. He caught me right out of the sky." I smiled shyly.

"AW!!! That cute! Hes like your knight in shining armor!" Wendy squealed.

I looked at her with a grin." I guess you could say so!"

"Well, lets get you back to your knight!" Wendy chimed as she ran for the train station. 

I followed her quickly as she boarded the train. I sat in the seat across from her and waited for the train to depart. After awhile I simply watched as Wendy stared out the window in awh at the beautiful terrain. 

But soon I became lost in thoughts of my own. 

Thinking back to the first time I met Natsu. He had been saving my clumsy self since that day we met each other.