Chapter Seven: Taking back whats ours

*Natsu's pov, two days later*

I walked up the road that lead to the beautiful Heartfilia mansion, the scenery looked freshly trimmed. I knew she was in there, it wasn't dark but I could see that most of the lights were on in the house. I made my way down the road until I reached the front entrance. I wasn't ready to enter yet so I decided I'd pace back and forth until I was.

"Lucy, look. I know I'm the last person you want to talk to....no that's to cliché."

As I walked I thought some more.

"Lucy, I love you. I never should have listened to Lisanna. I know now that you weren't using me to get to Gray... No still not it"

I didn't know what the right thing to say was. In some way I knew I want good for Lucy and I didn't want her to have to deal with me.

But in other ways I wanted her back. To prove to her that I am a good guy. I just have some problems. But don't we all?

I sighed and stopped pacing around. I walked up to the door. I guess I'll just say what feels right. I pressed the doorbell and waited. Not to long after did a maid open the door and smile at me.

"May I help you, young man?" She asked politely.

"Yes actually, I'm here to see Lucy, I have some very important things I need to talk to her about." I smiled.

"You're Natsu Dragneel aren't you?"She asked.

"Sadly yes I am" I answered.

"I'm sorry but Miss Lucy has requested not to let you in if you showed up." The look on her face showed a hint of sadness.

I looked down." I thought as much, Listen...I have done Lucy wrong and I'm here to apologize weather she wants to accept it or not. I just want her to hear it."

The maid stared at me for quite some time.

"Miss Lucy is in her fathers study." She smiled at me before moving out of the way to let me in.

I smiled at the maid before walking in. "Thank you, miss."

I walked down the halls, wandering the huge and beautiful mansion that Lucy spent her childhood and some of her teenage years in.

I looked at all the old paintings of her and her father. There was a couple of what seemed to be her grandparents. I wasn't sure though. It had been quite some time since I had been here last. I think the last time was during the Infinity clock incident. 

I remember destroying nearly half of her fathers study. I reached the doors but didn't go in. Yet again I was struck with the need to stand outside and think about what I was going to say when I saw her. 

According to the maid, Lucy had ordered the maid to not let me in if I arrived. Which means she knew I'd be coming. 

"She really doesn't want to come back..." I said to myself.

"No I don't." I heard a voice say.

I looked up to see Lucy standing with the study door open. Her facial expression was one not to be taken lightly. I could tell she was disappointed that I had entered her home in the first place.

Angry that I had even bothered to come after what had happened. In the back of my mind  I wanted to have sent someone else. But I knew the right thing to do was fix what I had started. 

"Lucy..." I started.

"Go home, Natsu." She said before slamming the door and walking back into the study.

I grabbed the door knob and pulled the door open. I walked in even though I knew I shouldn't. I should give her the space she wants.

But to tell the truth, I'm not going home without Lucy. Because Fairy Tail is where she belongs.

"Natsu, didn't I just tell you to go home?" She asked, with a slight hint of viciousness.

"Yes you did." I answered.

"Then why aren't you leaving?" She turned and looked at me. 

"Because to tell you the truth, Lucy. Home isn't just some place. Home is where your friends are, where your family are. My home is Fairy Tail. And so is yours." I said.