Chapter Four: Lisanna

*Natsu's pov, one month later*

"Hey Happy, what do you want to do today?" I asked my furry little friend as we sat at the guild being slightly more bored than normal.

"I don't know, why don't we go on a mission with your girlfriend?" He suggested, laying down on the table.

"She went with Wendy on one this morning. I think that's why I'm bored, over the past month we've spent almost every moment with her." I muttered and then layed my head down on the table.

"Say Natsu, why didn't you ever tell me you liked Lucy?" Happy questioned.

"I guess for a while I didn't know myself. How was I supposed to tell you?" I answered.

"Why didn't you tell me after you found out?" He asked.

I shrugged. "I didn't want anyone to know, I guess I was afraid that someone would tell her and she'd hate me."

"I don't think Lucy would have hated you."

"I know that now." I smiled lightly.

"Hey Natsu! Happy! Why don't we go fishing..like old times?" Lisanna came up to the table smiling, brightly.

Lately Lisanna has been trying to spend more and more time with Happy and I, which was fine but I was always with Lucy and I didn't want Lisanna to get in the way of that.

But since Lucy wasn't here I didn't see the problem with hanging out with a friend.

"Oh, Lisanna. Okay, why not?" I said, getting up from my spot.

Happy flew next to us as we walked out of the guild and through the streets of Magnolia. Lisanna looked very happy at this moment. I wondered what she was thinking.

"Ah, this weather is so lovely! Don't you think Natsu?" She asked, smiling over at me.

"Uh yeah, I guess it is."

To tell you the truth it was very nice outside. It was the perfect temperature and amount of clouds with minimal wind. The sun was bright though, keeping me from being about to fully open my eyes and having to squint to see completely.

"How long has it been since we went fishing together?" Lisanna questioned.

"I guess it's been years hasn't it." Happy grinned, he was obviously overjoyed that we were doing something, and most likely even more excited that it involved fish.

It took only a few minutes to get to the lake, but my mind kept wandering. I couldn't seem to keep my thoughts sorted out. Honestly I was scared. I wasn't sure why. But the uneasy feeling in my stomach wouldn't go away. I put my hands behind my head as I sat down next to the lake water.

"Hey Natsu, are you okay?" Lisanna asked, sitting next to me, handing me a pole.

"Yeah, of course. I've just had alot on my mind." I answered as I threw the line in and began to wait patiently for a bite.

Lisanna caste hers as well and looked at me with a strange look. "So how have you and Lucy been this past month?"

I was a bit taken back by that question actually. I looked over to her and nodded. "Perfect, what of it?"

"Natsu, you don't have to be so rude." Happy replied when he walked up.

"I wasn't being rude. I just asked a question. Besides its none of her damn business." I muttered with a hint of anger in my voice.

"I'm sorry I asked Natsu..I didn't think." Suddenly tears came to Lisanna's eyes.

She clenched her pole hard and her body began to shake.