Chapter 59

I stare at him, "I know you're mad but that isn't funny."

"I'm not lying Zoe," he says as he walks into my room. "Where are they then? If Raven actually busted in then—"

"Will you just shut up and listen for a second?" He asks cutting me off. We stay silent and I can hear it. The faint screams and gun shots and distant misery. "They just blew up the office, they are rushing in as we speak. We're supposed to be evacuating right now."

"Why are they here?"

"I would imagine the same reason why they invaded Frawn and the Shadows," he shuts the door and locks it, "They came to either make an agreement or force us to obey."

"You said we're supposed to be evacuating," I ask.

"I know, we're supposed to be."

I look to him, "Then why aren't we?"

I hear the bathroom door open and hear Jack answering me, "You think they would let us just leave? No, they need us to complete their army."

Beast curls his lip, "Why are you here?"

"Because wolf boy, there's safety in numbers," he gestures to the open bathroom door, "We have to go, now."

"I think we should stay put," Beast argues.

"Oh, you're right. They wouldn't even think about looking in her room for her," Jack comments sarcastically.

"What's going on?" I ask both of them.

Jack glances at me, "You're the reason why they're doing this."

"What do you mean? They want the students for the army, don't they?"

"Just follow me," Jack says stepping through the doorway.

"Stay put, I can defend you better from here," Beast says.

"Are you kidding me?" Jack retorts, turning around. "In here?"

"Only two entrances, and you're blocking one right now."

"Okay," Jack starts walking over to us, "I know you want to protect your pretty little girlfriend right now, but you need to get over yourself.

Beast glares at Jack and says, "Why don't you get over yourself?"

"She won't last long here, so why don't you just follow me out of here and we can get to some place that's actually safe," Jack argues.

"I can protect her here."

Jack gets into his face, "We can protect her better if we get somewhere where there's only one entrance!"

"She's not following you."

"Why not?"

Beast doesn't back down, "Because I know you're up to something."

"What, I can't help out of the goodness of my heart?"

"No, because you don't have a good heart," Beast counters.

"Enough, you two. This isn't the time for this," I say.

Jack smirks, "You know, you're just jealous I kissed her first."

Beast pushes him hard, "I'm not jealous."

"So you don't care that I kissed her?"

"Guys," I try to stop them, but it's like I'm not even here.

"I care that you didn't give her a choice. I care that you made her feel like she had to hide it!"

"But you're saying you don't care that I kissed her?"