Chapter 41

"She knows?" Xavier asks.

Myles nods, "Flame told her I suppose. I mean, I was just playing around with her and he had to intrude and reveal that secret, out of all of them. Then told me to stop. What a jerk."

"How much did he say?"

"He told me in front of her that she was the heir to two compounds. I left soon after that, but I'm guessing she wouldn't let him get away with a statement like that without an explanation."

"This is good," Xavier sits down in his seat.

"How? She'll try to take your place."

"No. No she won't. She doesn't want her position here, nor at the Shadow Compound, as a matter of fact."

"How do you know?" Myles sits in one of the guest chairs facing the office desk.

"I've been speaking with Star, and he claims she has no interest."

"What a brat."

"What a royal brat," Xavier corrects.

"So she isn't a threat to you or Star?"

"Yet."

"Yet?"

"I said Miss Ram had no interest. You didn't take into account that her parents have their own agendas."

"I thought they gave up when her stepfather—"

"Her stepfather acted according to what his sister asked of him. He raised Zoey with his interpretation of 'tough love.'"

"That was pretty tough in my opinion."

"It doesn't matter what her parents think, or what we think. What matters is that his actions gave her the fuel to excel beyond any doubts. She truly is a gifted child."

Myles takes in a deep breath, "What if we told her the big secret? What do you think she would do?" Xavier gives Myles a look of dread. "Come on, you think she would hate her father more than us? I mean we could spin it to where we sound like the good guys."

"Nothing will ever change the way she looks at us. We will never be on her good side, and she made that clear. She's known from the start, she just needs a little push to fully believe it. "And that can't happen. Or else she'll..."

Myles questions the severity of his boss' words. "You're kidding."

Xavier pushes him a file he picked from his cluttered desktop. "Read her file. She has every aspect to meet the requirement."

Myles reads through the file, then frowns and looks up, "What's this sixth sense ability? Since when has she had a sixth sense?"

"It's a special kind of sixth sense. Her mother called it the Infinite Effect."

"What's the difference? And since when has she been able to express it?"

"The Infinite Effect—from what I could tell by Vision's notes— was an extension of her ability. It was a sixth sense only she knew how to tap into. And Zoe's been able to express it as far as I know since she was able to tell us a kidnapping account that no one was able to witness or pick up based on evidence."

"Are you serious? Even Vision didn't get that skilled in her sixth sense."

"Actually, she showed the beginning stages of that ability when she was Zoey's age." X stands, "I won't go to deep into the story, but lets just say that I know for certain that her sixth sense will be very evolved by now."

"Is Zoey anywhere near her mother?"

"Zoey might be matched with her mother currently. I wouldn't know, I haven't seen my daughter in ten years."

"What if you do?"

"Then I'll do what I originally sent you to do."

"I swear she was dead when I left that house."

"I swear it takes more than a bullet to kill Jennifer."

"Does that go for your granddaughter as well?"

"Yes."

Myles scoffs, "Damn. And what of her father?"

"No one's seen him since he left this compound. I know he's sneaking around somewhere, probably with Jennifer. I swear those two were inseparable once they met."

"Is he aware of any of our plans?"

"I'm assuming he's figured out something. Probably all of it if he has been with Jennifer," X rubs his forehead. "I've gotten news that John has left Raven. Our ally there has no clue where he's going. He could pop up here wanting to take Zoey, or he'll stay under the radar and join the other two invertebrates."

"If he came here to speak with Zoe, then we would know, yes? She has no trust in him."

"I know, that's why I have a feeling he won't resurface. You never know though." Xavier sits back down and leans forward, looking Myles directly into the eyes and saying, "Listen to me. This is your only mission, Myles. In order for all of our plans to go correctly, you must not, I mean must not, let Zoey get in contact with any of her family members. Or else I fear our influence on her may be crushed and she won't help us with our plan. Do you understand?"

"Yes Sir."