8

In one of the back rooms of the circus tent, the trio all found themselves in their own form of trapped with little chance of managing to free themselves in time. Nami was locked away in a hanging bird cage, while Akira was tied to one of the wooden structure posts holding up the tent above their heads. However, unlike either one of them, from his spot tied to a large wooden wheel, continued to try and do whatever he could.

"Give it a rest." Nami breathed out in an annoyed tone after he let out yet another groan during his attempt to break free of the restraints tying his hands to the wood. "Those ropes are too strong, even for you."

"I've got out of worse." He announced confidently, making Nami sight but as she took a small pause it became clear she wouldn't comment on it anymore.

Instead, she focused on something else. "When I ran out of the tent, I... saw a town or... what was left of one after Buggy destroyed it." Her voice came out strained and emotional as she thought back to the sight, and just the idea of what it may have been had Akira giving out a small shiver at the thought.

"You mean when you tried to run off and leave us for dead?" Zoro questioned in a pointed tone, not letting her sugar coat the events which led up to her seeing such things in the first place.

"We were surrounded and unarmed." Nami bit back in an infuriated tone, wondering how he could not see that. "You were picking a fight you couldn't win." She said, turning around in her cage so he could see the newest glare she was sending his way.

"You heard my reactions," Akira jumped in, knowing that Nami had been standing right next to her at the time, knowing she would have heard her groans and sarcastic quips. "You know I thought it to, but I didn't turn around and betray everyone." She pointed out. The thought hadn't even crossed her mind, really.

"I know your type." Zoro said, eyes focused on Nami to make it clear it was her he was talking about. "If there's nothing to gain, you're out." His words had Akira remembering the moments before Buggy's attack on their ship. The question which still hung in the air as there was no time to get it answered. What exactly did Nami stand to gain from all of this?

"Says the wandering bounty hunter, trading lives for a handful of Berry." The orange haired girl snapped over at him in distaste, making Akira scoff.

"You were going barter Luffy off like a slave." This time Akira didn't put effort into remaining calm as she snapped over at Nami, the glare in her eyes very clearly showing just how much she disapproved. "Don't act like you're in any way better."

"I serve a purpose." Zoro said firmly.

"Sure you do." Nami muttered out, clearly not meaning the words if her tone was anything to judge by. But she said nothing more for a few moments, not even as Zoro attempted to release himself again. Only when she knew he was done for the time being did she speak again. "I think I can get us out of here." She announced.

"You mean, get yourself out of here." Zoro didn't even spare her a glance at the proclamation. And even though the words sounded appealing, by now Akira too couldn't help but be slightly doubtful of them.

"That's fair," Nami sighed impatiently. "But I'm going to need you to trust me."

"After what you just did?" Akira asked in surprise. How could she so easily ask that of them. Hell, if she'd told or shown Nami what she herself could do she too would probably be the newest 'member' of Buggy's crew. It was safe to say she didn't trust Nami one bit.

"Just like a thief to lie to my face and aske me to believe her." Zoro's words came equally as sharp as Akira's.

But ultimately, Nami was the one who could deliver the final blow. "You got any other options?" She questioned both of them, watching as their eyes met across the room and a begrudging look passed between the two.