32

Somehow, Akira found herself washing dishes yet again. After Nojiko had left, both she and Sanji got to work on cleaning up what remained of their dinner while Usopp remained at the table, working on weapons of his own design for his slingshot. Time was mostly spent in silence until some genius had the bright idea of letting Buggy out of his bag.

"Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick." The clown quietly mocked and taunted as he watched Usopp work, the repetition of a single word going on for forever. So much so, that when it finally changed, it still caught all of them by surprise. "Boom!" His loud exclamation had Akira jumping in surprise, nearly dropping the last of the dishes if it weren't for Sanji who caught it before it could crash against the floor.

"Can you just be quiet?" Usopp questioned the clown impatiently as he returned back to his task, Akira rolling her eyes as she turned off the water and grabbed a towel to dry her hands.

"Ah, come on. Where's the fun in that?" Buggy questioned. "Do you really think your little toys can get through the skin of a fishman?"

"These are smoke bombs." Usopp explained in a quiet voice, his eyes nearly crossing together as he focused on the small ball in his hands.

"Smoke? That's rich." Buggy commented in a dry and unimpressed voice. "Makes you think of how long it's been since I've had any smoked fish. Maybe if you guys had some extra? Please?" His requests went on ignored as Usopp continued making his smoke bombs while Akira and Sanji put away the dishes from their meal.

And it made the clown lose his patience once again. "Ah, screw you guys! Arlong's gonna bite the shit out of you anyway! You know you don't stand a chance against him and his army!" He started yelling again. "He's gonna rip you all to shreds one by one. First the pretty girl and then the useless little..." Akira turned away from the clown, crossing her arms over her chest as she tried to ignore his taunts and threats, not letting them take root inside her mind.

"Enough of this

"Enough of this." Sanji muttered to himself, very quickly losing his own patience with the damned clown as he reached over to a bowl of tangerines, plucking one into his hands before walking over to the table where Usopp and Buggy's head were.

And you dumb pieces of garbage, you ain't gonna do anything against that stupid-" The clown didn't get to finish his new series of threats this time as a tangerine was stuffed into his mouth, every new word coming out as an incomprehensible gargle as he was prevented from speaking any further.

"New guy shuts up the clown head." Sanji mocked Buggy right back as he leaned over him before standing up straight again. Buggy grumbled and mumbled some more as he tried to spit up the tangerine without any success, leaving him to continue yelling and screeching nonsense in the most annoying of ways.

"I'm going to be out on the porch." Akira announced with a shake of her head, moving towards the door without a second thought and stepping out into the cool night breeze. If Luffy hadn't made a deal, and if they could be sure they wouldn't need more of Buggy's information, she would have most certainly thrown the head off into the tangerine grove never to be seen again by now.