11

Their ship had managed to reach the Gecko Islands in time before it was entirely submerged. And once the job of sending it back out to sea, so that the Marine's couldn't discover their location should they see it in the Island port, Akira, Luffy and Zoro found themselves further inland, standing in front of a board full of wanted posters and notices staring back at them.

"You got to be kidding me." The sound of Zoro's voice managed to catch Akira's attention and had her eyes tearing away from another familiar face she managed to recognize on one of the posters pinned to the wood. "That clown was worth 15 million Berry. We should've stuffed his head in a bag and brought it with us."

With furrowed brows she looked over to him. "You do realize if you walked up to a Marine, they'd not only not give you a single Berry, but also throw you in jail. With or without Buggy's head in tow.

A chuckle came from Luffy as he remained lying on the ground beneath the notice board. "You're kind of a wanted man yourself now." He pointed out making Zoro hum in agreement.

"Didn't think of that."

"Not too surprising." Akira said, the teasing smile not leaving her face even after he rolled his eyes at her.

"All the more reason to get to the Grand Line." Luffy announced as he rolled around before jumping back to his feet again, tapping Zoro's shoulder reassuringly once he was standing. "Fresh start!"

"Right."

"Hey!" Luffy's call had Akira looking in the same direction as he was, able to spot Nami as she approached their location. "You got us a ship?"

"Working on it." She said confidently. "Did you push the sloop out to sea like I told you?"

"Yeah. No Marines are gonna be following us here." Luffy announced enthusiastically, making the orange haired girl send him a slightly doubtful look. But for now, she let it go, believing that ultimately it wouldn't matter.

"Well, we're not gonna be here very long." She proclaimed. "Turns out Syrup Village is known for their ship building. Lots of options."

"Convenient." Akira muttered out with a nod of approval. Of all the places to get strander, this was certainly an option going much in their favour.

"Well... What are we waiting for then?" The Captain of the so-called Straw Hat Crew didn't hesitate for a moment before he was running off down the street.

Zoro was ready to follow after him, but for a moment he hung back as he ripped off Buggy's wanted poster. "Stupid clown." He grumbled in annoyance as he crumpled the paper into a ball and tossed it to the floor before finally moving from his spot and going after Luffy, leaving Nami and Akira still standing in front of the notice board as they watched them go.

"Didn't you just come from the shipyard?" Akira questioned, pausing for a moment as Nami hummed in agreement. "From that direction?" She asked, pointing her finger in the opposite way from that which Luffy and Zoro had taken.

"Yup."

"Well, alright then." Akira shrugged her shoulders before she too was moving, taking the same path as Luffy and Zoro had before them.

" Akira shrugged her shoulders before she too was moving, taking the same path as Luffy and Zoro had before them