Chapter 10

Leonardo's pov:

I'm officially insane. Even I, myself who call myself a bipolar motherfucker. But, even more, I'd call Natalia, a dumb idiot. She had the chance to run away, leave all this shit, and she chose to stay? Stay with the fucking devil?

I've been ignoring Natalia for the past five days, and she hasn't made any effort to talk to me either, so we were basically just strangers living under the same roof. The reason was, -though it was quite obvious-, my work. 

'Or a supposed dirty blonde haired women' my subconscious mocked me, but when did that second brain up there do anything but bruise my ego? 

I'm hurt. 

Note the sarcasm.

I needed to go back home, everyone knew it. The suits in my office could only last for so long, afterwards, I'd have to get home to the sight of Natalia. Her pouty pink lips, and pretty green eyes, staring at me like I was the one who was taking her demons away. But in reality, it was the opposite. I was the reason behind those nightmares, after one horrible home, she's got another constant. 

I couldn't stop fucking thinking about her. Her thoughts, her worries, her fears and her panic attacks were consuming me alive. Did she eat? Is she fine? Did she have another nightmare? Is she alright? Fuck me. Never, in my life, had I ever worried over a woman's needs. Woman remained as a mere one night stand for me, nothing more, nothing less. But, why the fuck did I want to fuck her, then do it all over again?

I wanted to corrupt her, destroy her for anyone else, shatter her completely, break her, then fix all her pieces together. If they don't fit, I'll mould my own pieces just to make her whole. Break my own self in a way that the pieces would mould against the missing ones, so I could be there. Ruining her, claiming her and terrorising over her for no other man to take. 

Jesus Christ, brain, please kindly stop braining.

It feels like the time when I first touched a gun, I grabbed it, but didn't know how to take the safety off; it was the same with Natalia. I'd grabbed her, gotten an obsession with her, turned on a part in my brain which only seems to be thinking about her. But I had no clue how to stop it. I chuckle to myself, imagine? Me, Leonardo, the genius amongst all geniuses, didn't know how to stop having a crush over a girl?

That was all it was right? Yes, you idiot. That's all it is, all that it will ever be, I keep telling to myself.

Irritated with my thoughts,  I get my phone from right beside my laptop, where it was charging, to call Elena to check how Natalia was doing. I call the first time, it rings, nothing. Then the second, nothing. I call twice more and I can't seem to get hold of Elena. Gritting my teeth, I put my phone down, and watch the security camera footage of my house. Elena was nowhere to be seen, so I assumed she was probably in the gardens far off, where there were no cameras. I change slides to find Natalia, but all I can find, is the footage of right outside my bedroom, which Natalia had just entered. She was wearing one of my simple cream coloured shirts, which I rarely wearer , with, I think shorts underneath. Her long hair fell behind her back, and her long caramel, soft legs walked in the room. My eyes can't help but drift a bit higher to her ass, my oh my, this girl had a fine ass. My bedroom didn't have any cameras, since most of the time, my team was watching through the cameras and I liked my peace.

I give up, not finding her, or looking at her face. I then receive a message from my receptionist, informing me of a business client being her to meet me. Ah, right. I ask her to send them here, and soon after, the clients walk in. There were two men, and one woman. The men were wearing a suit with denim black skinny jeans, somebody please call a stylist. With that, they were wearing those extra pointy polished black leather shoes. Might as well be a duck.  The women however, was even worse. She was wearing a floral neon green and pink dress, with neon pink heels; not matching her look whatsoever. Paired with red lipstick, and smoky eyeliner. Her hair was in a bun with a few strands out of line, witch didn't do anything to appeal her long face.

These people didn't know something called 'the first impression'. Somebody, please, teach them the basics.

I smile, and they smile back. Internally, I'm fucking cringing.

—————

"Our brand will provide you with" the woman, who is found her name as, Sylvia, was blabbering on, and on and on. And I couldn't seem to pay attention. I'd immediately knew what I was going to say to them once they walked in through the door, wearing that.  Seriously, that didn't even count as fucking clothing!

The woman has long, dirty blond her; not like Natalie's. The lady's hair was dyed, gone through all sorts of torture to get that colour, whilst, Natalie's hair was natural, and it was certainly not as dead, dry or frizzy as the woman who was blabbering was.

The woman was wearing red lipstick, but it was nothing Natalia couldn't pull of. Sylvia wore a hideous, neon red shade. 

It was sure to get attention , but it looked ugly; respectfully of course. See? I could be a gentleman if I tried.

Just then, a call interrupts my thoughts which were probably far better than listening to Sylvia ramble on. I check the caller ID, and it was from Elena. Elena and the rest of my staff knew not to call me when there wasn't any emergency. What was wrong? A bit of panic rose through me, surely, Elena was just calling to ask why I'd called her so many times; I'd be the first person to know if anything happened at the house.

I pick up immediately, Sylvia glares into me, trying to intimidate me, if only she knew. There was no need to bother with saying 'excuse me', since I d already been excused, had there?

Heavy breathing is heard on the other side, what was wrong? The breathing didn't sound much like Elena's. I wait, anticipating for the caller to talk, Elena knew better than to keep me waiting.

"Leonardo" a breathless soft voice says, her voice filled wit utter terror, fear and shivers; which is assumed were of fear. It was all I needed to know , this wasn't Elena, this was Natalia.

"I need you. Please, please help me." She says, she was taking a puff from her inhaler; so she'd had an asthma attack. Twenty six letters, seven words, two sentences, was all it took for me to break. I stood up immediately, "we aren't done " Sylvia says.

"Yes, we are." I say.

She smiles, "so, what did you decide?"

"No." I say.

"Then stay here. Is it that bitch Elena that distracting you? She called you, didn't she? Well I coul-"

Before she could finish her sentence, I cut her off with my hand going on her throat, almost choking her but keeping slight supply of air.

 "Tsk, tsk. Never call her a fucking bitch, unless you have a death wish, of course. Secondly, her names Natalia, not that it's your business. Stop being an emotional melo-dramatic moron just because I rejected your offer, it was shit anyway." I say, dropping her down to the ground, collecting my things. I stop near the door, " Quick tip, work on your fashion sense for god's sake."