4 - U.A Exams

The train sped on the tracks as it moved towards the destination of U.A. I am currently sitting in the train car with Shinso while listening to music. The last 10 months was spent preparing for today. I'm going to be honest that I'm a little excited. The U.A. Exams are known to only have a 0.2% acceptance rate. That's 1 out of 500 people. To put that to perspective, if U.A. wanted to have 40 students in 2 classes, there would be 20.000 applicants. Which means I have to outperform 19.960 if I want a spot in the hero course. Definitely not an easy feat.

"The train has arrived at the next station."

I put away my phone as I exited the train with Shinso right beside me. We both walked the rest of the way to U.A. Upon reaching the school, we were shocked at just how many people are here to do the exams. Sure we expected the number, but knowing about something is different from actually seeing it. Even so, we made our way towards the building where the written exams are taking place.

"Please state your names and show me your student ID cards." said one of the staff members when we approached her.

"Akio Kazuya, Shuci'in Middle High."

"Hitoshi Shinso, Shuci'in Middle High."

The staff member nodded as we handed our student id cards. "Kazuya-san will be in examination room D, while Shinso-san will be in Examination room C. Please make your way to the rooms as soon as possible, as the exams will start in 15 minutes."

Shinso and I nodded in understanding. "Looks like this is where we split. Make sure you don't screw up Akio. I'd hate to hear you not make it to U.A. because you messed up the written exams."

"Funny, I was about to tell you the same thing. Do give it your all Mr. Eight Place." I replied with a grin. In our Junior High final exams, Shinso placed 8th place academically while I placed 5th. It always pisses him off every time I remind him of my intellectual superiority.

Shinso immediately grew a vein at my remark. "One of these days, I'm gonna get you back. Mark my words asshole."

"I'll be waiting." I snorted at his declaration. I made my way to examination room C and sat down on one of the chairs. It didn't take long for one of the staff members to enter the classroom and started giving out the exam papers.

I took a deep breath as i mentally prepared myself.

'This is it. This is what I've been working for all my life. The chance to be the best hero I can be'

I opened my eyes in determination before I picked my pen. Without no further thoughts, I started writing.

.

— The Warping Hero —

.

That was hard.

Scratch that, it was more than just hard.

I guess I should've expected it from the number 1 hero school in all of Japan, but still. I'm sure i've done well enough, but that doesn't take away the fact that the written exam alone would've probably eliminated half the applicants.

I met up with Shinso on my way to the auditorium that the applicants were told to gather after the written exam. The two of us walked down the corridor following the signs that would take us there. Even now I could see a few of the other applicants talking excitedly with their friends. A few of them are somewhat familiar, like the tall blue-haired guy with glasses, the pink bubbly girl with horns, and even the green-haired boy with freckles that's fidgeting all over the place.

Wait-

Is that..?

Green hair, green eyes, freckles, constant muttering that's creeping out everyone around him.