7 - Quirk Assessment, Costumes, Battle Trials!

The first event of the day was the 50-meter dash. Many students displayed excellent performances like the engine-quirk user who got the fastest record yet. I was participating with Momo Yaoyorozu. She and I walked to the track confidently. For me, this was probably gonna be the easiest event of the afternoon. After all, no one could match me in sheer speed.

Once we reached the starting line, Yaoyorozu went to a running stance. I eyed her briefly before slightly bending my knees , my hand resting over a knife holster strapped to my right thigh.

My eyes were focused. As I heard a 'go' sound from the teacher, I immediately flung a kunai forwards. It flew with force and precision that it reached the ending line in no time as I teleported right beside it. I snatched the knife out of the air as I landed, crossing 50 meters in just over a second.

"1.2 Seconds!" came the sound from a robot.

I turned back to face the class, only to be met with many gawking faces while Aizawa just gave a nod.

Yaoyorozu soon finished with 4.31 seconds. She seemingly created roller blades and a high powered fan to help her accelerate to the finish line. Alongside him, the best performers were Iida Tenya who scored 3.01 seconds with his engine quirk, Shoto Todoroki who slid on ice and received 3.46 seconds, and Katsuki Bakugo who propelled himself using explosions with a time of 3.72 seconds.

Finally the last ones on the track was Shinso and a blonde boy with a tail, whose name is Ojiro. Ojiro cleared the whole track aided by blasting himself forward with his tail granting a time of 5.56 seconds, while Shinso just ran the whole 50 meters. But due to his athleticism, he gained a respectable 5.89 seconds.

Unlike the first event, my quirk doesn't give much use for the grip strength test. Although it did improve by a decent amount, being sixty-four kilograms rather than the fifty-seven from Junior High. I didn't come close though to the six armed giant, Mezo Shoji, who scored 640 kg.

Standing long jump was also pretty easy, as all it took was just another kunai throw and a flash and I would find myself on the other side of the sandbox. The other students who excelled in this event, so far, were Asui Tsuyu, Yaoyorozu, and Sero.

The fourth event, sidestepping, was a little bit tricky but I had an idea. Impaling two knives at each line on the ground, I started flickering to each at maximum speed. I just kept on going until I smelled something burning.

"Kazuya, that's enough." Aizawa's voice cut through and I immediately stopped moving. He was looking at an overheated motion sensor with a bit of annoyance.

'Great, that's coming out of my paycheck.' Aizawa then looked at me and grumbled. "I'll put your score the last recorded number on the sensor, which is 767. Although obviously it wasn't your best, that's still much higher than your classmate's so it's fine."

I just nodded and went back in line with the rest of the class. And that's when a spiky red-haired dude approached me.

"Dude, that was amazing! Was that like a teleportation quirk or something? Oh, I'm Eijiro Kirishima by the way!"

"Yeah it is." I replied with a smile. "I noticed you too, some kind of hardening quirk right?"

"Yep! It's good in a fight, but doesn't really help much on these kinds of events." Kirishima said while shaking his head.

"No quirk is useless." I shrugged. "As long as you don't perform last and give out your best, I say you've done enough."

Kirishima's wide grin grew even wider at what I said." Hell yeah! That's so manly!" He said while pumping one of his hands in the air.

"Manly huh? I don't know about that." I said with a chuckle. The enthusiasm that Kirishima is exuding is just infectious. It's hard to not like the guy.