12 - Aftermath

"FEAR NOT! FOR I AM HERE!"

All around the USJ, the students that heard that familiar cry cried with relief. All Might's presence giving them a sense of safety and reassurance that everything will be all right.

For the villains however.

"All Might..." Shigaraki said with venom in his voice. His body shaking in anger and disbelief.

Today was supposed to be the day the number one hero breathed his last. And yet before the man in question even showed up, the villain army he put together was scattered and Kurogiri, who was a vital piece in taking down All Might, is unconscious.

"No...no...no...It was never supposed to be like this..." He continued to murmur while aggressively scratching his neck.

He didn't even see All Might move as suddenly, he found Nomu in front of him, shielding himself from All Might's punch. The rest of the kids already on the other side of the plaza. All Might gave a light push before moving back.

"Everyone, take all of the injured and get to the entrance." All Might stated, his signature smile nowhere to be seen. "I'll handle this!"

"Fuck that! I can still fight!" Bakugo's loud voice countered.

"We can still be of help, All Might. The least we could do is provide you backup." Todoroki chimed in.

"Be careful, All Might!" Midoriya spoke up before grimacing in pain. His injured arm jolted from the sudden movement. "The brain villain has a shock absorption quirk, and he can also regenerate from any injury! The hands villain could disintegrate anything he touches! With your time-"

"Young Midoriya." All Might turned to look at the students, a big smile on his face and his usual pearly white teeth glinted under the light as he struck a pose. What surprised everyone was that as ridiculous the pose looks, it somehow gave everyone a sense of assurance.

This is what it means to be the number 1 hero. His very presence itself is the definition of safety.

"Fear not!"

"Nomu..." The hulking bird monster perked up at the voice of its superior. "Take All Might! With everything that happened, I won't be satisfied until I kill one of the children!" His words sent a chill down the spines of the less hard minded students.

"I won't let you!" All Might dashed ahead to punch Shigaraki, only to meet the Nomu midway. The winds of their clash sending everyone off their feet.

Shigaraki anchored himself down, and skirted past the fight by running across the edges of the battle towards the students.

All Might noticed this and tried to interfere, only to be held back by the Nomu.

Shigaraki continued to run towards the students, his injuries only slightly hampering him. Bakugo who saw this, immediately gave a deranged grin. "Come on then, you hand freak!"

Bakugo blasted himself forwards and gave an explosion-enhanced hook towards the villain. To his surprise however, Shigaraki caught his attack by the gauntlet. The grenade-shaped brace immediately began disintegrating. Bakugo immediately launched an explosion from his other hand to try to distance himself from the villain.

Shigaraki, who took an explosion to the face, didn't even flinch as he kept chasing after Bakugo, completely ignoring his own injuries.

Suddenly, an iceberg rapidly approached him from Todoroki, who attacked after Bakugo got out of his line of fire. However, much to his chagrin, the ice disintegrated within seconds.

"Stay out of this, Icy-hot!" Bakugo screamed out as he launched himself forwards for the second time to engage with Shigaraki.

Todoroki ignored him and sent another barrage of ice against the villain, only to again be disintegrated.