23 | party

"niki! can't you just wait for me? i'm stuck in here!" the girl shouted to the blonde boy who already made his way to the gate of the party centre.

"what?" an annoyed glance as always.

"my dress. it got stuck somewhere in the car. i can't get out!"

"and what am i supposed to do?" niki uttered emphasizing the word 'what'.

"help me?"

niki came closer to his car in where akari was still trying to pull her dress from the seat.

"don't you dare hurt my expensive car," niki blabbered.

"seriously?"

"oh, look who are here!" sakura exclaimed. behind her was jake. "what happened?" he said.

before niki could utter a word, sakura said, "probably can't get out of his expensive car," she definitely joked while jake chuckled. "let me help," he took a few steps closer to the car.

"no need. i will see what is wrong in my expensive car," jake could feel niki's envious eyes glaring at him as he shrugged his shoulders.

"let me see," this time it was a calmer voice than earlier as his right hand travelled to the corner of the seat. his another hand rested on the headrest blocking akari completely from the sight of the two friends standing infront of the car. akari could definitely smell his aromatic cologne. his body was just a few centimetres away from the girl.

few seconds felt like forever for her as she suddenly felt nervous about the boy's presence so close to her. she couldn't move either. if she did, her body would clearly touch his.

"there you go. you can get off the car now." his eyes wandered straight to meet with hers as he quickly took his glances off.

"if you don't move, how will i?"

"oh, yeah.. right."

as she got off, niki stood behind her.

"welcome, cousin. everyone is waiting for you," sakura exclaimed.
jake waved at her as she waved back. "hi, jake!"
"hello, ri," he smiled back.

as they headed inside, niki whispered into her ears, "i ain't letting you in my car again." as they both side eyed each other.

as if that wasn't totally a lie.

___________________________

uhmm idk how i feel about this chapter BUT i wrote a narrative chapter after ages so don't mind any writing mistakes and if it's not good TT but anyways

uhmm idk how i feel about this chapter BUT i wrote a narrative chapter after ages so don't mind any writing mistakes and if it's not good TT but anyways. hope you guys enjoyed! i finally got out of my writing slump omg.