29 | back home

niki

on the way back home, i find akari extremely silent. she's fighting back tears, is she? i wish i didn't care that much but it's just something about her i can not neglect at all. i am trying to hold myself back from talking to her since she's in a damn sad mood right now.  i don't want to create another argument as we always do. i'm tired of doing that all the time.  

it's weird. i never felt that way or thought of not wanting to fight with her. 

we leave the car and stand in front of her doorway. "akari- what's with you today? you have never been acting so weird. i mean, forget that you mistakenly texted me. it's not a big deal. and let's get back to normal."

she looks at me with a grudge in her eyes as i feel a pang of guilt in my heart. she scoffs as she proceeds to talk.

"forget? sure. it's not a big deal for you. or more like you enjoyed it more than anyone. it was a fun time, yeah? what do you think i am? a piece of toy you like to play with? and it's so much fun, right?"  

she is hurt.

we have bickered all the time but this time, she is serious. suddenly all the guilt rushes through my veins.

"i didn't mean it that way," i lower my voice as i don't know how to make the situation better.

"oh, yeah? is it so much fun to see me embarrass myself ? do you even understand me? my feelings? you played the whole time, you- what do you want, niki? why are you doing this to me? i could never have a peaceful life because of you!" she cries.

i wish i were jake. i wish i could be the one who would never hurt you.

"i am sorry," is all i say and stand there like a stone. 

does she really hate me now? i guess i deserved it.

"sorry? it doesn't suit you at all. i have never heard those words coming from your mouth. "

"you are overreacting now, ri."

she shakes her head as she speaks out, "let's not do this anymore. let's not be friends or whatever we are. let's end this here. it's ridiculous 'cause what are we anyways? were we ever friends? you used me to not feel lonely and have fun because the truth is... you don't have any friends!"

a sharp pain in my chest. that's all i have felt as i leave for my house. 

"goodbye. let's not see each other again. i am sorry for wasting your time all these years."

cold air rushes to my body on the way back home even though it was almost summer.

_______________________

double update ^^